Re: Problem with 64-bit/32-bit Origin

by Nature_geek89

Original Post

@AbC6704a2269727  Open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, select Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options, and choose 64-bit from the dropdown menu.  If you don't see the option, right-click on the Sims 4 icon and select Repair, then look again.

If this doesn't help either, please run a dxdiag and attach the results to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 21 of 49 (3,191 Views)

★★ Novice

If a game is open or running it will not allow you to make the changes in the property windows you must exit out

Message 22 of 49 (3,137 Views)

★★★ Newbie

in the advanced launch options there is only 2 options 1 game language and 2 command line arguments i cant change legacy edition helppp

Message 23 of 49 (3,057 Views)

@rosa22005  If you're on a Mac, that's normal: both the standard version of TS4 and the Legacy Edition are 64-bit, and you can't switch between them this way.  Origin will launch whichever version your Mac supports.

Similarly, a computer running 32-bit Windows will not see the option to switch to 64-bit, as it can't run any 64-bit apps.

If neither of these is the issue, right-click on the Sims 4 icon in your game library and select Repair, then restart your computer and look for the option to change to 64-bit again.

Message 24 of 49 (3,045 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi!

I bought and download sims 4 last night.  I've just tried to play it for the first time and I got the message saying i need to change to 36 bit).  I'm confused by this because before purchasing, I checked I had the right specs on my laptop.  I just double checked and I do have a 64 bit system.

Regardless, I followed the instructions. I closed the game and went to origin and opened the game properties. I selected advance game properties.  However,  here it only gives me the option of sims 4 64 bit or sims 4 legacy  edition 32 bit.   I selected the deluxe one even though I didn't buy the legacy version to see what happened.  I clicked on play, and it says I need to download the  legacy version.

Please can you help me? 

Message 25 of 49 (2,984 Views)

@Nature_geek89  The Legacy Edition is a free add-on and can be found in the Extra Content tab on the Sims 4 game information page.  (Open your Origin library and click on the Sims 4 icon to see it.)  But before you download it, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post, so we can see whether you do in fact need the LE.  Origin often tells people they need it when they don't.

Message 26 of 49 (2,971 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Hiya,

Thanks for your help!  I figured out how todownload Sims legacy before reading this.  But I havent installed it yet.

I did the dxdiag thing and I have attached the report here Standard smile

Message 27 of 49 (2,953 Views)

@Nature_geek89  Technically, you don't need the Legacy Edition.  However,  I can see why Origin might have said you did.  it often throws that error when a system only has 4 GB (or less) of memory installed, as yours does.  Probably more relevantly, your OS is an original Windows 10 build, never updated.  Many of its drivers are similarly old, including the driver for its graphics chip.  I'm not sure the game even runs on that software anymore.

If you want to go about updating your system, it will kind of be a comprehensive process, at least if you want to do it right.  Let me know whether you'd like help with this.  And if you do, please go here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/laptops

enter your laptop's serial number, go to the driver download page (you may need to select your OS to see any drivers), and link it here.  The driver page doesn't have any information specific to your computer; it's just the list of drivers for your exact model.  HP makes it hard to know you're looking at the right page unless you start with the serial number though, which is why I'd prefer if you linked the page rather than trying to guess correctly myself.

Message 28 of 49 (2,934 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have a similar problem, my 32 bit option says legacy edition, my computer struggles between screens and then tells me i dont have legacy edition, and i dont!!!!!

What are my options as the game is not running properly for me

Message 29 of 49 (2,873 Views)

@camille319prince  Please describe the issue in more detail: which screens do you mean when you say your computer struggles?  It would be helpful to see a screenshot of the error you get.

Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

Message 30 of 49 (2,817 Views)