Re: Problem with 64-bit/32-bit Origin

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Problem with 64-bit/32-bit Origin

★★★ Newbie

Greetings. I have been having some trouble recently.

Today, I was going to play the Sims 4. I start the game, but then I get a notification telling me that I'm using the 64-bit version of Origin, when the 32-bit is recommended for my computer (I never had this notification before, I got it after updating Origin). It tells me to go search for a "Game Properties" panel. I searched everywhere, but couldn't find it. I even googled to try and find a solution, but the only thing I found was something related to OriginLab, which I do not have. I tried using the error reporter, but it was too big for my screen, and I couldn't click the button to send it (I couldn't find a way to fix it either). Fortunately, I found this answer HQ. Could someone please help? I have been on this matter for over an hour now. I do not know if this has already been answered, and if it has, could I get a link to it?

I deeply apologize for the inconvenience, but my computer isn't a really powerful one, and using the 64-bit version of Origin could cause some problems.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I certainly hope I can get an answer.

Message 1 of 49 (23,375 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA app Team

Hi @FutsuIsTrash,

This is the error message you are getting, right?

warning message about not meeting required specifications

If so, it's usually better to listen to the game developers Wink

This is how you would change from 64 to 32 bit:

1.- Go to your game library in Origin and right click on The Sims 4 game. Select Game Properties:

64-32.png

2.- Go to Advanced Launch Options tab, select The Sims 4 32 bits in the 'When launching this game...' option, and finally Save the changes.

64-32.2.png

That's it, enjoy your game!

-Mai

View in thread

Message 4 of 49 (25,791 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hello @FutsuIsTrash. I moved this thread to a more appropriate place in the forum.

At this moment, Origin is only x32=x86 application. Perhaps u talking about sims4 exe file, if yes, then read this info: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/when-to-use-the-sims-4-64-bit-or-32-bit-version/

Message 2 of 49 (23,344 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@FutsuIsTrash You will get that message about 32 bit/64 bit if your computer is below certain specs. As far I as I know Origin is 32 bit only. The Sims 4 has the ability to run 64 bit code that is added to the game. The Sims 3 is 32 bit only and I don't really see EA developing 64 bit for TS3 (I could be wrong but I'd have thought it would have happened by now) . The rate at which 32 bit software going away is picking up steam. I'm seeing server software begin 64 bit only and 64 bit only games (Fallout 4).  If the Sims 4 runs - don't fix something that isn't broke. To find the game properties - go to Origin and right click the game icon.

Message 3 of 49 (23,328 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @FutsuIsTrash,

This is the error message you are getting, right?

warning message about not meeting required specifications

If so, it's usually better to listen to the game developers Wink

This is how you would change from 64 to 32 bit:

1.- Go to your game library in Origin and right click on The Sims 4 game. Select Game Properties:

64-32.png

2.- Go to Advanced Launch Options tab, select The Sims 4 32 bits in the 'When launching this game...' option, and finally Save the changes.

64-32.2.png

That's it, enjoy your game!

-Mai

Message 4 of 49 (25,792 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, my bad. I only realized it may have been something else after posting this.

Thank you for the help!

Message 5 of 49 (23,317 Views)
Highlighted

EA app Team

Everything clear then, @FutsuIsTrash? Standard smile  In that case, I'm marking the thread as solved, but don't hesitate to answer if you want to add anything.

Enjoy your sims!

Mai

Message 6 of 49 (23,301 Views)

★★ Novice
I have a similar problem except when I get to Advanced Game Properties, the option to change from 32 bit to 64 bit is unavailable. I do not have it on my screen at all.
Message 7 of 49 (22,977 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @xtashaskullx,

The option to choose between 32 or 64 bits doesn't appear if you are running a 32 bit system, as you can only run the game using the 32 bit version. At the same time, that message shouldn't appear unless your are using a 64 bit system.

Could you give us more details of what you mean by 'similar problem'? Also, do you know if you are running a 32 or 64 bit Windows?

Welcome to Answers HQ! Standard smile
-Mai
Message 8 of 49 (22,967 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@xtashaskullx

By Similar do you by chance mean that you bought Cats & Dogs and now get a dialog that you don't run 64bit?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 9 of 49 (22,951 Views)

★ Novice
I’m having this exact problem. How did you fix it ?
Message 10 of 49 (22,394 Views)