Problem while downloading the sims4 for mac (Error: 262 149: 131 086)

by Gaby227755

Original Post

Problem while downloading the sims4 for mac (Error: 262 149: 131 086)

★★★ Newbie

i started to download the sims 4 for mac the day it came out. as my wifi is very slow it downloaded quite slowly, but when it reached 97% it said there was a problem and went back to 89%. this has happened several times today and it alwise goes back to 89% ( from 97% two times, 98% once and the most frustrating of them all at 99% with only 0.10 GB to go) i don't think i can realy afford restarting it as it took nearly 2 days to download ( as i said my internet is very slow )

before downloading the game origin autmaticly updated and it dint let me get in otherwise. i cant find any optin saying to updte it.... what can i do ???

Message 1 of 4 (371 Views)

Re: Problem while downloading the sims4 for mac (Error: 262 149: 131 086)

Hero

Did you try pausing and resuming the download ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (360 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the exact same problem. I have downloaded the game for the past 2 days. Multiple times it has gotten to 97% and then jumps back down to 89%. I have stopped and restarted my computer multiple times. My antivirus is off as well. What can I do about this?

Message 3 of 4 (305 Views)

Champion

Try  a clean install of Origin. Follow these steps.

- Make sure you are in Finder then click Go in the menu bar. Hold down Alt and the hidden Library folder will show up. Click on the Library folder.
- You now need to check in the following folders for any Origin files and folders:

• Application Support (Origin)
  • Caches (Origin, com.ea.Origin)
  • Preferences (com.ea.Origin.plist)
  • Saved Application state (com.ea.Origin.savedState)

Open a Finder window and click on your Macintosh HD in the left hand section under Devices (if it's not there click on Finder in the menu bar then Preferences. Select the Sidebar tab and make sure Hard Disks is ticked under Devices), open Library, then delete the Origin folder.

After you've trashed them, empty the trash then restart your Mac. Then redownload and reinstall Origin.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 4 (297 Views)