Problem after problem with sims 4

by xxsnipertorixx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Problem after problem with sims 4

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So last week my game was working well with all my cc, but a couple days ago I was playing sims as a tab while I was in class because I was building a house. I closed my game as the tab and the game was a white screen every time I opened it I deleted the game and origin, deleted my cc then put my cc back in still didn't work, but I fixed it by reading someone else's response. I thought my game was fixed, I even took all my cc out to make sure everything was working and all my work and families were saved even when I deleted the whole thing so I put all my cc back in, but now it tries to open, but gives up and just opens origin again. It works without my cc, but not with it. I tried repairing it, deleting the thumbcache file. I haven't tried deleting all my cc because I have about 2,750 and I have all my cc on pinterest and a google doc, but if it results to trying to do that I will,but I was hoping you could try helping me work around that.

Message 1 of 4 (237 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Problem after problem with sims 4

@xxsnipertorixx  Try the 50/50 method.  Even with as much custom content as you have, it should only take 13 tests to narrow down the source of the issue, that is if it's a single cc file.  Be sure to test the others as well, just in case more than one file is a problem.

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (219 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

@xxsnipertorixx  You could have broken/outdated CC causing issues with the game 

Message 2 of 4 (231 Views)

@xxsnipertorixx  Try the 50/50 method.  Even with as much custom content as you have, it should only take 13 tests to narrow down the source of the issue, that is if it's a single cc file.  Be sure to test the others as well, just in case more than one file is a problem.

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 4 (220 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you it worked
Message 4 of 4 (168 Views)