Problem With Mods-glitching Game

by avaler06

Original Post

Problem With Mods-glitching Game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I started getting mods for clothes and furniture for the sims 4. They worked out fine, it made the game a little glitchy but other than that everything was okay. But then I started getting script mods (extreme violence, inteen, etc.) It seemed fine and it said that it was working when I started up the game. The game opened fine, I could create characters and do other things at a decent speed. But when I tried to play a household, the picture for the family glitched with a blue color and whenever I pressed the play button, it didn’t do anything. I’ve done everything I could- I’ve cleaned out my mods, restarted the game over a million times, I even removed the script mods and turned them off (normal mods too) and it still didn’t work. I’ve tried everything I can think of and I made this account specifically for this reason. No one on the internet that I can find seems to be having the same problem, so do I have a virus or a problem that only my computer has? If any of you have had the same problem or had a solution, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (4,181 Views)

Re: PROBLEM WITH MODS-GLITCHING GAME

Hero (Retired)
@avaler06

After each update, most scripts mods and a large part CC will be spoiled and will spoil the game. Before you download something you have to check on the page of mods creator if these mods and CC are not too old. Checking what broke down this time after the patch, and replacing these broken ones by a new updated version or deleting these is the price the player pays for using CC and mods
1. Move the mods folder to the desktop.
2. Find and delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. Delete also all folders with the word "cache" in the name
3. Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
4. Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if the game is working now properly without mods
5. Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK.
Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 4 (4,162 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for you’re response, I’ve been having trouble with the step of creating a new mods folder. I moved the mods folder to the desktop, deleted everything with cache in it on the sims folder, and fixed the game in Origin. But when I turned the game on (with mods turned off) I had the same problem. Is there something that I’m missing? And if I correct my error, would the only thing that I’d have to do is start the game and it would automatically create a new folder?

Message 3 of 4 (4,111 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@avaler06

Unfortunately, it looks that some files in your game folder are corrupted and because fixing the game applies only to the instalation folder you need to replace these files with new ones.
Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 3. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with random sims and play by 5 minutes.
If the problem disappeared
Step 4. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 5. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 6. Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 7. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 8. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from the old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 9. Launch the game and check if this problem also disappeared in this old save. However, it may happen that although the new saves will not have this error anymore, the old save will remain damaged.
The last step - delete The Sims4 old folder.

Your saves and library will be not changed or damaged
Message 4 of 4 (4,091 Views)