Problem Sims 4 Mouse Lag ??

by Nick-Chronic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Problem Sims 4 Mouse Lag ??

★ Apprentice

Hello ,

After a few minutes of playing the sims 4 i`m getting mouse lag and clicking on things also starts to fail ????

I`ve tried a few other settings with mouse but problem still there so any tips ????

Message 1 of 14 (18,100 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Problem Sims 4 Mouse Lag ??

Community Manager (retired)
Did this also happen with other types of mouses, if you had any available to try?
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!

View in thread

Message 5 of 14 (20,017 Views)

All Replies

What's your mouse model and does it have specific drivers? Also what's your general computer set-up?

What settings have you tried so far?
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
Message 2 of 14 (18,070 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Game settings Ultra + vsync

FX 8350 , 16gb ram , 290x tri-x and wireless keyboard and mouse from logitech and tried a bunch of different settings in mouse setup and turn off the logitech stuff and only use windows settings and tried other usb ports but still after a while off playing the mouse goes slower and slower till the point i have to stop playing because nothing works ingame when clicking on stuff . And as soon i stop the game everything works fine again ????

Message 3 of 14 (18,060 Views)

★ Apprentice

from fullscreen to window mode seems to work now lag is gone WTF ?????

Message 4 of 14 (18,023 Views)

Did this also happen with other types of mouses, if you had any available to try?
Message 5 of 14 (20,018 Views)

★ Apprentice

I will try a few other mouses today and report back here ..

Message 6 of 14 (18,005 Views)

★ Apprentice

It seems to be performance related when i set AA to medium and the rest on highest the game works fine . So an fx 8350 , 16gb ram and r9 290x can`t play this on ultra while its only taking less then 1gb video memory thats wierd while i play games like the crew on ultra with no problem ???

Message 7 of 14 (17,916 Views)

@Nick-Chronic
That is pretty strange indeed.

Could you give us a full DXDiag so I can pass it on to the Maxis team for investigation? Standard smile
Message 8 of 14 (17,827 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello ,

I`ve solved the problem , the reciever from wireless mouse en keyboard was broken got myself a new one and now i can play sims on ultra .

Only one thing do i need the textures in settings compressed or uncompressed for ultra settings  ???

Message 9 of 14 (17,823 Views)

Uncompressed would be the better option for beefy computers.

Compressed I'm guessing would just serve to improve performance and speed up loading times. Standard smile

Thanks for letting us know about the receiver, good to know you got that sorted.
Message 10 of 14 (17,788 Views)