by nyhedskage

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Pregnant sim can't gain skill from skill books

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? As of april 2020 I have all the packs installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a sim pregnant and try to read a skill book.
What happens when the bug occurs? When a pregnant sim reads a skill book, that sim does not gain skill.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the pregnant sim getting skill when reading skill books.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I am currently doing the 100 baby challenge and basically got every skill maxed. I only need a few which I have been trying to get via books. For the longest time I couldn't figure out why I could not get any progress on the skills. The specific skills in question is herbalism and archaeology. 

As im doing the challenge I am constantly pregnant but I didn't think this was the problem until I had a full house and couldn't get pregnant for a while. I decided to try reading again just to let the time pass. The skill actually got progress! Naturally I was exciting thinking the bug was fixed but as soon as she got knocked up again, she didn't gain any progress when reading the skill books. I also tried all 3 tiers of the books so the problem is not that the books are too hard/easy.

Message 1 of 15 (679 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Pregnant sim can't gain skill from skill books

★★★★ Novice

It worked now. It's not really possible for me to try anymore as I don't have any skills to try it with anymore :/ 

it's like impossible to know the trigger... Thank you so much for all the help but I think it's gonna be impossible to find a solution tbh. I'll just hope it won't happen again I guess :/

Sorry for wasting your time 

View in thread

Message 14 of 15 (733 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@nyhedskage Does the bar not raise at all for you ? Does the trimester matter ? I just tried archaeology with my pregnant Sim and she's learning fine from the skill book.

Do you have another pregnant Sim you can try with to see if it's related to that Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (668 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The bar doesn't raise at all no matter how many hours she's reading a book. I don't think the trimester matter as but I could give it a try.

I don't have another pregnant sim but it shouldn't be too hard to make Standard smile

Edit: So I tried it in another game with another sim and it seemed to work. I even went to 2nd trimester and it was fine. I'm guessing it could be one of my many traits or something that prevents my original sim from gaining skill.

(merge topic) - Atic

Message 3 of 15 (661 Views)

Hero
@nyhedskage Don't think there should be a limit.

Is the Sim some kind of occult ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (599 Views)

★★★★ Novice

She is a witch/magician whatever realm of magic is lol

Message 5 of 15 (591 Views)

Hero
@nyhedskage Tried my spellcaster.. no issues. Seems to be something about your Sim.

Would you mind uploading the Sim to the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (575 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Done! Do you need my Origin number or something?

Message 7 of 15 (545 Views)

Hero
@nyhedskage Only if it's not the same as here.

I'll check after lunch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (536 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay thank you very much! It should be the same Standard smile

Message 9 of 15 (529 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am seriously confused. I just tried reading again (currently in last trimester) and I gained skill???? I JUST tried reading at the start of THIS pregnancy and it didn't work. I am so confused.

Message 10 of 15 (511 Views)