Pregnancy Belly disappearing while pregnant

by DreamingStarz14

Original Post

Pregnancy Belly disappearing while pregnant

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco-Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Moschino Stuff, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party, Holiday Celebration Pack, and Grim's Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Having a pregnant sim. Once they reach trimester 2 and 3 their belly's will keep disappearing even though they are pregnant.
What happens when the bug occurs? It occurs whenever the sims are moving around or doing stuff. The only time the pregnancy belly will occur is when the pregnant sim is getting out of bed or sitting down. All other times in the game they look like a normal non-pregnant sim.
What do you expect to see? A pregnancy belly at all times while my sim is pregnant.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After all the patches for Eco-Lifestyle. I haven't changed anything in my game. I've moved my mods out, repaired the game and it is still happening in all of my save files.

I've removed mods, updated the game, repaired the game, and it is still happening in ALL of my saves. 

Message 1 of 9 (4,700 Views)

Re: Pregnancy Belly disappearing while pregnant

Hero

HI @DreamingStarz14 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (4,653 Views)

Hero
@DreamingStarz14 Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (4,626 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you for the help! I did what you said above and it worked for a while. Now my sim is expecting her second child and the glitch isn't happening as much as it did before but it does happen still sometimes. It doesn't last for a long period of time either. 

Message 4 of 9 (4,601 Views)

Hero
@DreamingStarz14 Did you put your mods back yet or is this without them ?

Does it matter what they wear ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (4,578 Views)

Hero
@DreamingStarz14 Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (4,541 Views)

Hero
@DreamingStarz14 Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (4,515 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Okay, thank you. As for the question of if it has to deal with what they wear, I haven't noticed any specific outfits but it mainly happens when my sims are in their sleepwear; especially after they wake up from sleep.
Message 8 of 9 (4,493 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@DreamingStarz14 As of outfits for sleepwear I usually use the set of pajamas from Tiny Living.
Message 9 of 9 (4,491 Views)