Possible bug?

by Jianeso

Original Post

Possible bug?

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims clothes are basically pixelated and disappearing
What do you expect to see? How'd they normally look.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Ello. So, I don't know if this is an everyone thing. I am a CC user but this is something new to me. I've been experiencing some of my sims looking like the picture below when ever I load into world after create a sim. This happened to me twice last month with two different sims. I don't know if maybe my CC got broken after I didn't remove them from my mods folder before installing a pack/updating the game but a YouTube had a similar situation to me but somehow fixed it. I won't be able to personally ask her how since she's busy, occupied, etc. It stopped after the second time and my new sims have been fine until now. So, does anyone have any clue to why this is happening to me? It would mean a lot Standard smile

0.PNG

Message 1 of 4 (354 Views)

Re: Possible bug?

★ Guide

It looks like broken CC to me. Have you tried turning off your cc/mods and seeing if anyone still looks like that? Do they look like that in CAS?

Message 2 of 4 (333 Views)

★★ Novice

When I disable CC it doesn't do that. And no, they don't look like that in cas. If it did, it'd be helpful so I can remove it and re-download it lol. So it's clearly broken CC. Do you have a recommendation on how to fix it without me having to basically restart my entire clothing folder or should I just restart lol

Message 3 of 4 (276 Views)

★ Guide

It’ll be tedious but move your entire mods folder (even non clothing CC) to another place like your desktop or your flash drive. If you don’t have a lot of CC, you can drop them in one at a time and relaunch your game between to see when they break. If you have a lot of CC, you can drop things back in in whatever size groups you’re willing to work with (5, 10, 20, etc), and then when a group causes the issue when you launch, pull that group back out and put them in individually until you find the culprit. 

Message 4 of 4 (265 Views)