Re: Portraits loading forever with hats

by crinrict

Original Post

Portraits loading forever with hats

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The current update in novemeber 3rd, get famous patch.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? - Get famous. - Seasons - Cats and Dogs. - City Living - Get Together - Get to work. - Jungle Adventure - Parenthood - Vampires - Dine Out - Spa Day - Outdoor Retreat - Fitness Stuff - Vintage Glamour Stuff - Romantic Garden Stuff - Movie Hangout Stuff - Perfect Patio Stuff - Luxury Party Stuff - Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you equip a CC hat.
What happens when the bug occurs? The icon loads forever and I'm unable to save, accept and quit.
What do you expect to see? To fix it so I can use hat CC again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello, hello!

I have had this problem that when I put on a CC downloaded hat, my character's portrait begins to circle, it's attempting to save the progress but is unable. I've let it continue for 10 minutes and it's not stopping. This prevents me from saving the game, continuing forward and playing the household, I can put on EA made CC, but the moment I put on a CC hat. The game begins to act up. It's very frustrating and I've attempted to see if I can fix it myself, this is what I've done.

- Dragged out the mods folder and in again.
- Restarted the computer.
- Restarted the Sims.
- Put repair and entered the game.
- Attempted to locate what source this could be? I've attempted to find any items that might cause it by Mod detector and it showcases nothing. 
- I've deleted the save.

At this moment I feel like I've tried everything. I'm unsure what to do, I kinda don't want to lose the ability to wear CC hats, has anyone experienced this? Anything I should look into? Is there a mod that causes this?

Message 1 of 3 (226 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Hi @edward969

moving your post to tech help as it seems to be a cc related issues. The bug forum is for vanilla game issues only.

Is it all cc hats you have this issue with ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (201 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, what happened was that I entered my game and it started to have this problem with accessories, then I thought it was finally time to re-do my whole Mods folder, I cleaned out things I didn't need, organized most of it and repaired, everything before entering the game. When I entered the game, accessories were working again. But hats became the problem.

Message 3 of 3 (179 Views)