Portals in Realm of Magic Won't Load

by Shad0w5102

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Portals in Realm of Magic Won't Load

★ Novice

Hi, I'm playing the Sims 4 on a 64bit windows. Whenever I go into the Realm of Magic, and try to go into Caster's Alley, or the garden, or the dueling grounds, my sim will walk into the portal as if they're going into the realm, and vanish. But my screen won't actually transition to any of those places. I've tried looking online to see if there's anything else I need to do, but I can't figure it out. Am I missing something to the story? This occurs every time with out fail. 

The packs I have are: Cats & Dogs, Realm of Magic, StrangerVille, Dine Out, and Backyard Stuff.

My game is up to date.

I have some item mods, but no script mods. Everything is like clothes or hairstyle- and with the sim I'm trying to use, they don't wear any modded clothing.

Any help would be appreciated! (And I apologize if this isn't posted in the right category.)

Message 1 of 3 (8,835 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Portals in Realm of Magic Won't Load

Hero (Retired)
@Shad0w5102

Realm of Magic is an open world. There are no loading screens. When your sim goes through the portal just click on his portrait and you will be with him. If you will zoom out the screen, you'll see both places. When your sim buys a flying broom. you need to zoom out the screen and choose a place where you would like him to land. From this point, he no longer needs to use portals.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (8,823 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@Shad0w5102

Realm of Magic is an open world. There are no loading screens. When your sim goes through the portal just click on his portrait and you will be with him. If you will zoom out the screen, you'll see both places. When your sim buys a flying broom. you need to zoom out the screen and choose a place where you would like him to land. From this point, he no longer needs to use portals.
Message 2 of 3 (8,824 Views)

★ Novice
@kreatora Thank you !!! (Especially for the speedy reply.) For some reason when I click on the sim's portrait, it doesn't just zoom to him as per usual- I was scared the game was broken. But he does indeed teleport to the other island. I just didn't know it existed lol
Message 3 of 3 (8,791 Views)