Port Promise Community Lot crashing game after latest vote.

by mmakire

Original Post

Port Promise Community Lot crashing game after latest vote.

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? On the 3rd round of voting the community lot went from Marketplace to Maker Space. Now the game crashes when attempting to visit the lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game crashes.
What do you expect to see? Access the community lot which should now be a maker space.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

FIrst vote for the community center in port promise went fine (became a maker space) and I was able to access the lot no problem. Second vote changed the lot to a marketplace. Again, no problems accessing the lot. Third round of voting changed the lot to a maker space again. Now every time I try to travel to the lot with my sim the game crashes. I have no problem accessing the lot though build mode.

Message 1 of 11 (823 Views)

Re: Port Promise Community Lot crashing game after latest vote.

★★ Guide

Have you tried a game repair? Follow the steps here to try and repair your game: https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/05/origin-repair-game.html

Message 2 of 11 (791 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Bra1nBlast3d Yeah. I've repaired the game twice. And I removed all CC prior to the June 3 update.
Message 3 of 11 (770 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also having this issue except in Evergreen Station and it started as a maker place, then became a community garden, and the crash keeps happening now. Each time it crashes to the desktop, I can no longer load my last save or that just crashes as well.

Message 4 of 11 (731 Views)

Hero
@srviniar Also after voting ?

Someone else reported a freezing: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Save-File-Freezes-When-Community-Vote-Ends/m-p/9193901

If you have a lastcrash.txt file, could you add this to your post ?

either create a .rar file and upload that or c/p the content to a post within spoiler tags

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (714 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict 

Mine was after my last vote. I had not visited between the last vote and the current time, which is during the voting period. Each time now that I go to travel, whatever my last save file was, regardless of how close to the travel it was saved at timewise, is no longer openable. I don't use any downloadable mods or cheats. I have several crash files - I included the last one which was after I had repaired the game already. If you'd like to see any more of them, let me know.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 6 of 11 (688 Views)

Hero
@srviniar Looks like yours is the same crash as this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-ECO-Game-crashes-when-loading-Household/td-p/917...

This is being worked on. I'll refrain from merging for now as OP hasn't come back

You might wanna me too that other thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (660 Views)

Hero
@mmakire @srviniar

Does either of you still having crashing issues ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (631 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict nope it seems to be resolved with the update! Thank you!

Message 9 of 11 (609 Views)

Hero
@srviniar Great to hear. Thanks for the feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (603 Views)