Re: Please someone tell me how to DLC's on/off setting in EA app

by Pick-a-boo_doo

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

@crinrict 

Thank you verifying the string.
I have since tried and found that if I start the game from the EA app by clicking "Play", it recognizes the arguments correctly. What does not seem to work correctly is when the game is started from the Sims4 shortcut icon. Is this way to start the game no longer available? As I can play the game starting from EA app, I have no problem now, I report just in case.
Thank you so much for your time and sorry my bad English.

Message 11 of 15 (424 Views)

Hero
@Pick-a-boo_doo Do you still have Origin installed as well or is that uninstalled ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 15 (406 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@crinrict
Thank you for the reply.
When I install the EA app, Origin is automatically uninstalled correctly. What I reported in #9 and #11 is what I was able to confirm in that state.
No one else seems to be responding to this. (Maybe that was a bad title...), so maybe it is an issue from my personal PC setup, but if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I will do my best to answer. I would like to ask you, when you start the EA app, do you enter your ID each time? In Origin, I was able to launch with the ID stored, but in the EA app, the ID is not stored. Is this with the EA app properly activated?

Adding:
I have more things to check.
The play time displayed in the EA app has not changed. (image below)
I think something might be wrong.
I do not see any effect on the game play and I can play normally. Saved data is also recorded normally as you can see in the image.

The following is a bulleted summary of the platform installation status and matters up to this point.
1. installed EA app (Origin was automatically uninstalled)
2. no continuity of memory of arguments was seen, posted here
3. uninstalled EA app once and reinstalled Origin. Terminated the matter being checked and reinstalled EA app. (I think that the date of last play day is at this time.)
4. confirmed in EA app that arguments are retained and play can be resumed with the same argument data as is, if from EA app
5. found out that the argument is invalid if launched from the Sims4 shortcut icon.
6. added two points of concerns that came up afterwards

Message 13 of 15 (396 Views)

Hero
@Pick-a-boo_doo I still have both installed so my testing might be not accurate to yours but no, I don't have to login each time. Maybe delete the EA app cache files and see if it then sticks when you log in again. https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Play time is still a bit wonky in my experience.

I tested the short-cut start and can verify that this in fact does not disable the packs. I don't know if that's worth reporting but I would suggest that if you have further issues with EA app, that you report them in the EA app forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-app/ct-p/ea-app-en

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 15 (371 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict
Thank you for the answer.
I'll try to fix method and then if something more issue happen, I will report in EA app forum.
Thank you for taking the time to spend so much time with this.
Message 15 of 15 (360 Views)