Re: Please help getting service initalization failed error

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Please help getting service initalization failed error

★★★ Novice

I bought Sims 3 and installed it on Origin. I get the launcher but when I click play on the launcher the screen goes black with a white line and I get the error message. I have  searched google, this forum, and chatted with someone at help ea. I have done everything I have been told to do more than once which includes: removing user files, updated windows, video driver is up to date, cleaned the registry,  uninstalled/reinstalled the game, nothing has worked. Please help I have included my dxdiag

Message 1 of 10 (878 Views)

@Adventria  Although it shouldn't be possible, I've seen another player with multiple sets of Sims 3 program files before, and it was necessary to clean everything out before the game worked properly.  So please start by using Revo Uninstaller (the free version works fine) to remove all traces of the game from your computer.  Here's how:

• If you have user files you want to keep, like saves or created households, remove your Sims 3 folder from Documents\Electronic Arts and rename it to something without "Sims 3" in the title.  This way, Revo won't flag it.
  • Download Revo Uninstaller from here (again, the free versions are fine).
  • Install Revo, open it, and uninstall Sims 3.  When it's finished, Revo will ask you which cleaning method you want to use.  Select "Moderate" and then Browse.
  • If Revo finds any remaining registry entries, select all, delete, and click Next.
  • Revo will display "Remaining Data and Folders."  You can delete everything it shows.

Next, just to be thorough, clear Origin's cache, then uninstall it "the hard way."

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

Restart your computer, download a fresh copy of Origin, and try to install and run the Sims 3 base game only.  Let me know whether it works, and if not, the error message you get.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 10 (868 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay I did all of that but it didnt work. The errorr message I get is: unable to start game

service initialization failed (00x0175d824)

Message 3 of 10 (854 Views)

@Adventria  Okay, there are a few more things you can try.

• Disable your antivirus/firewall, just long enough to see whether it helps.  If it does, you can set exceptions for Origin.exe and TS3.exe, and maybe Sims3Launcher.exe for good measure.
  • Run Origin and the game as an administrator: right-click on the .exe or the shortcut and select "Run as Administrator."
  • Make sure .NET Framework 3.5 is enabled; sometimes it's off by default in Windows 10.  To check, hit Windows key-R and enter "appwiz.cpl" without quotes.  In the File Explorer window that shows up, click Turn Windows features on or off.  You should then see this:

Windows features (+.NET).png

.NET Framework 3.5 is highlighted in blue.  If yours looks different, take a screenshot and attach it to a post.  (To get a screenshot, hit Windows key-shift-S and drag your cursor over the part of the screen you want to capture.  Then open Paint or another image editing app and crtl-V to paste.)

Message 4 of 10 (838 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, did all of your suggestions and still got the same message.

Message 5 of 10 (814 Views)

@Adventria  Please try setting your monitor to its default resolution and refresh rate, i.e. 1920x1080 and 60 Hz.  Sims 3 doesn't always respond well to nonstandard arrangements like the one you have.

Also, are you manually blocking Windows updates?  If not, there's some system issue that's preventing updates, not just the feature ones (i.e. 1803 to 1809 or 1903), but the smaller maintenance that your OS should get on a regular basis.

If these aren't the issue, please upload a couple of logs from the install process.  Installer.log can be found here, plus or minus your install path for TS3:

Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\__Installer\

and Client_Log.txt can be found here:

C:\ProgramData\Origin\Logs\

For the second one, you may not see if it if you have your system set to hide certain folders.  But you can copy and paste the address directly into the File Explorer window.

If you can't attach them directly to a post, upload them to a free filesharing site and link them here.

Message 6 of 10 (775 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok here are the 2 files you asked for:

Message 7 of 10 (757 Views)

@Adventria  Sorry for the delay, and thanks for the log files.  The person who knows about this stuff read them over and has some suggestions.

First, it's a good idea to run a couple of checks on your Windows files. Here's how:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

If you do happen to get an error with either command, then of course you should stop here so we can troubleshoot that.  Otherwise, try a clean boot.  If the game loads properly, then the issue is some other program that's normally running in the background.  Here's how to do a clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

If that doesn't help either, please create a new admin account on your computer.  Make sure the name of the account uses only letters and numbers, no special symbols.  Try to launch TS3 in that account.

Message 8 of 10 (712 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, sorry for the delay got frustrated so gave up for a bit. I ran those 2 things you said. The first one was fine, the second one I think it fixed itself this was the message: 

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

Thanks for all of your help

Message 9 of 10 (626 Views)

@Adventria  Well, that's good news at least.  Have you tried launching Sims 3 now?  If it still doesn't work, please try the clean boot linked earlier.  And if that doesn't help either, please attach the CBS.log mentioned in the repair message.  You can find it by copying and pasting the address C:\Windows\Logs\CBS directly into File Explorer.  (It should be on your C drive, but if you've moved the directory, try D:\Windows\Logs\CBS instead.)

Message 10 of 10 (606 Views)