Re: Please help - am desperately trying to get 100% for unique upgrades

by rumbutter

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Please help - am desperately trying to get 100% for unique upgrades

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hey everyone

N.B.!!! Please note that I am NOT using cheats at all to accomplish this!!

As the subject says, I am desperately trying to get 100% or in the 90's for my unique upgrades (handiness skill). I have done most of the one suggested by the Sims Wiki in their article (http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Handiness). I have the base game, WA, LN, Seasons, Amb, Gen and Pets. I am on 77% regardless of the fact that I have done most of them except for:

• always good fortune (am going to do that soon)
  • improved memory
  • improve speaker (where on earth do you get a wall-mounted stereo?)
  • Laser cannons and space travel
  • Effect telporation
  • Upgraded extinguisher - where on earth do you find one? My sim works at the fire station
  • And the Singing Synthesizer - isn't that part of Showtime?

Besides for those - can someone tell me what else I've missed? Please guys!!!

Message 1 of 6 (2,842 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

fire place, hot tub,television,also depending on your door the doorbell the nectar machine if you have one from wa the umbrella's from seasons the water trough from pets  just mentioning the ep's in case you have them, the trash crusher,dishwasher dart board, a ufo

edit for p.s.

would the fire extingiser count at the fire station where your sim works ? and the wall speaker is with showtime don't quote me on that i'll have to check ingame

edit for pps diswasher too

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (3,089 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

if you don't have the wall mounted speaker you can upgrade a stereo with improved speakers

have you upgraded  the showers,toilets,sink,bathtubs dishwasher,stoves,microwave,water sprinklers ( only onegrade counts with most items  i.e. if you upgrade self cleaning thne later upgrade unbreakable that is considered as already upgraded )

singing synthesizer is with showtime a.k.a. karaoke also with showtime the gyro machine

if your sims has the time machine from inventing that can be upgraded

p.s.

upgrade stove to fireproof

Message 2 of 6 (2,831 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Have done an ordinary speaker. Have done the upgrade and self-cleaning upgrade on numerous objects, so yep. Thanks a lot. Confusedmileyhappy:

Anything else?

Message 3 of 6 (2,820 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

fire place, hot tub,television,also depending on your door the doorbell the nectar machine if you have one from wa the umbrella's from seasons the water trough from pets  just mentioning the ep's in case you have them, the trash crusher,dishwasher dart board, a ufo

edit for p.s.

would the fire extingiser count at the fire station where your sim works ? and the wall speaker is with showtime don't quote me on that i'll have to check ingame

edit for pps diswasher too

Message 4 of 6 (3,090 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This response is seven years too late, but I believed it could help others with the same question or problem as you. I will answer in order.

The "Wall Mounted Stereo" comes with the Show Time expansion pack. Function > Electronics > Audio. It should be the first one to show up, named "Satalite Speaker by NuSound", it is a white radio that can be placed on the upper-most portion of walls, simular to the "Scintillating Fluorescent Tube" light which comes with Late Night.

The "Improve Speaker" upgrade requires Level 4 Handiness Skill.

The "Improved Memory" upgrade is used on a Food Replicator (easiest found in Appliances > Large Appliances) under the name "FoodForge Cuisine Synthesizer by Arasika Industries". This Appliance comes with the "Into the Future" expansion pack and requires a Level 9 Handiness skill.

There are Three ways to acquire the UFO (or "The Galaxa Space Car") in which comes with the "Seasons" expansion pack, the first two use cheats. 

1. Use "BuyDebug", go into Misc. Objects, and scroll until you find it. A UFO costs $11,109.
  2. Use "TestingCheatsEnabled True", Shift-click on an alien sim, and add them to your household. A UFO will automatically be in their inventory.
  3. Befriend an alien sim and ask them to join your family. A UFO will automatically be in their inventory.

The "Laser Canons" upgrade requires Level 3 Handiness skill while the "Improved Space Travel" upgrade requires Level 4 Handiness skill.

The "Teleport Anywhere" upgrade requires a Teleportation Pad (which can be bought with 75,000 Lifetime Reward points) and Level 8 Handiness skill.

The "Upgraded Etinguisher" requires a Level 3 Handiness skill. Said Extinguisher is given to a Firefighter sim once they reach Career Level 5. 

The "Singing Sythesizer" upgrade does, indeed, come with Show Time. It is for the "Karaoke Explosion Machine from Landgrab Industries" (easiest found in Entertainment > Parties) and requires a Level 8 Handiness skill. 

Message 5 of 6 (1,412 Views)

Community Manager
Thank you for sharing what helped you @Lisakitty123. It may help others.

I'll close this from here. If the issue persists for future readers after trying the advise shared in here, please open a new thread.

Thanks.
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 6 (1,319 Views)