Please Read. I like many others have tried installing. It wont stick. Cant play

by WineryGhost

Original Post

Please Read. I like many others have tried installing. It wont stick. Cant play

★★ Novice

**The following post is long, but for the team members who are monitoring the forum I really do need assistance and have included some of the troubleshooting steps taken. For everyone else there are some funny things in here too. It’s been a long weekend and it all has to do with troubleshooting this game

First off, I understand that there are lots of users’ having similar problems and the solutions, at first glance, seem helpful. However nothing is working correctly. Now I am typically extremely patient and understand that gaming systems have bugs all the time. When I first experienced the problem I quickly went to the support forum hoping to find a simple solution; fast forward to 48 hours later, almost an entire weekend. The issue remains. My patience is not there anymore since I have tried every solution given on the forums that surround Sims 4 not loading, Sims 4 not responding, Sims 4 stuck on pause, Sims 4 makes me re-install multiple times. Not to say that its not working for some but a small percentage of us are leaving with a working game. Today I even tried to exchange the item, figuring maybe one of the files were corrupted, however I left disappointed since the clerk working at the large retail corporation that shall remain nameless, kindly directed me to the return policy (again I only asked for an exchange) and explained that since there is a code needed to download/install the game, once the product is opened no exchanges or returns can be made. Interestingly enough the sentence that followed referenced the support forums. It was recommended that I scope the forums and wait for a response from the dedicated team. Thanks for that (Not that persons fault, but If only they understood how much time was already spent doing that). I would like help resolving this issue. Truthfully I have run the msconfig.exe command so many times, I’m sure by now I’ve made my system immune to it. I’ve re-installed the game and origin so many times that I’m afraid it won’t accept anything anymore. I’ve run the installation online and offline so many times, even went as far as unplugging the router that my neighbor came over and admitted that he was using my internet to finish a project and asked that I stop disconnecting the internet. (Yes, that actually happened. I believe he’s sitting in a Panera bread somewhere kicking himself for admitting it and not being patient. WiFi passwords should not be shared with neighbors who stop by for a Super Bowl party. That was my error. ) I literally watched the entire series of Breakout Kings on Netflix waiting for the game to download. Need the math. That’s 23 episodes at about 40 mins a piece. 920 mins roughly 15 hours total. (That how many times I’ve had to do it).

If possible can someone reach out to me and help me resolve this issue. I can honestly say that I have tried the suggestions and even the user troubleshooting steps within the forums. I even found the double origin that was floating around and removed it. Still nothing. Now some reading may ask why someone would invest almost an entire weekend trying to load a game. Well it’s simple. The marketing for this game was outstanding and left users waiting on the edge of their seats for almost 2 years. Plus by now there are hundreds of vloggers posting walkthroughs online which only makes the desire to buy greater. I’m sure that those who read this full post can relate and also would like assistance. We just want to play the game. I’m sure that’s what the support team wants too. Don’t take this wrong way but you guys are ending your conversations in the forum with "Happy Simming", am I right? Can you help me make that happen

Message 1 of 1 (84 Views)