Re: Please Help me Fix This Problem Simmers!

by zezemiller

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Please Help me Fix This Problem Simmers!

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

My buttons are terrribly glitched! (See Photo)

Please help me fix it (┬┬﹏┬┬). I've seen some solutions to this problem, but it didn't work for me. They said to delete localthumbnail package (did so), move my mod folder out, but when I added it back in it just broke again. Please help! I really want to play the game, but this is really interferring with it. What should I do??

Message 1 of 3 (205 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@zezemiller Hello!  If I'm reading your post correctly, it seems you did not have the issue when you moved your mod folder out but it happens when the mod folder is in place.  If that is true, then one of your mods / CC is causing the problem.  First make sure you have the most recent and updated versions of your mods / CC.

Once you've ensured they are up to date, I suggest testing your mods/CC a little bit at a time. If you have a lot of mods/CC, the 50/50 method works best.

1. Divide your mods/CC in half (maybe make a folder on your desktop to hold the half you're taking out).

2. Before opening the game with the half you're testing, delete the localthumbcache.package file located in the Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 4 folder

3. If the game works with that half, test with the other half. (Again, delete that cache file before opening)

4. Once you know which half is causing the issue, divide those in half and test again (delete the cache file again).

5. Repeat the process until you find the culprit.

This process might seem really tedious but it will be worth it to identify which mod / CC is causing the problem.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (169 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@zezemiller Hello!  If I'm reading your post correctly, it seems you did not have the issue when you moved your mod folder out but it happens when the mod folder is in place.  If that is true, then one of your mods / CC is causing the problem.  First make sure you have the most recent and updated versions of your mods / CC.

Once you've ensured they are up to date, I suggest testing your mods/CC a little bit at a time. If you have a lot of mods/CC, the 50/50 method works best.

1. Divide your mods/CC in half (maybe make a folder on your desktop to hold the half you're taking out).

2. Before opening the game with the half you're testing, delete the localthumbcache.package file located in the Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 4 folder

3. If the game works with that half, test with the other half. (Again, delete that cache file before opening)

4. Once you know which half is causing the issue, divide those in half and test again (delete the cache file again).

5. Repeat the process until you find the culprit.

This process might seem really tedious but it will be worth it to identify which mod / CC is causing the problem.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 3 (170 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much! I did something similar like this with my mods that change the gameplay instead, I placed some in and checked the game over and over to see if it broke again. I figured out it was my conversation mod.

Message 3 of 3 (145 Views)