Re: Please Help! ASAP

by crinrict

Original Post

Please Help! ASAP

★★ Novice

I bought the Sims 4 deluxe Digital game yesterday. It worked perfectly. Then this morning I went to play again. When the game finished loading to the home screen I got a notification saying: the saved game you are attempting to load was saved with a newer version of the Sims 4 than is currently installed. Please update in order to safely load this saved game. I closed out the game and updated. Tried to play again i got the same notification. I hit repair the game in Origin, tried to play and got the same notification. I unstalled the game and then re installed. the same problem continued. i have made Origin and admin. and tried again. I even had costumer support call me and hard unstall the game and that didn't work. Every time i try I get the same thing. I tried starting over and make new Sims which i can do. However, it won't let me build in build mode and when i exit the game and try to go back i get the same notification. I am so frustrated and can't figure out what to do. Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem. 

Message 1 of 4 (149 Views)

Hero

Try the following

1. Go to documents\electronicarts\thesims4
  2. Move the folder saves to your desktop
  3. Delete your cache files: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
  4. Start the game to see if it works
  5. If it does, you can try if any of your old savegames still work (if you want to keep them)
  6. You don't need the files in the folder scratch, you can delete those

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (133 Views)

★★ Novice
This did not work. I am still getting the same notification. Do you know of anythings else I could do.
Message 3 of 4 (128 Views)

Hero

Then try renaming the whole user folder: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (114 Views)