Re: Plead option is greyed out

by StarryMight

Original Post

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 20 (1,931 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict,

Thanks for all your help today!! I've made sure (before seeing your latest post) yet again to plead. I've been able to plead twice already, so even though I couldn't plead the first time, I can now. I'd like to attempt to trace it back to a certain mod, so I can help others, but is there any way to do it besides putting them all in one by one?

Thank you so much!!!

Raiyah

Message 12 of 20 (1,919 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@NoorPlayys : Do a 50/50 of your Mods? (Look it up online.)

Message 13 of 20 (8,971 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech then @NoorPlayys 

Use the 50/50 method: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 20 (1,898 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict @StarryMight @Sid1701d9,

This is gonna sound super cheesy, but thank you SO much for all of y'all's help. I thought that when I posted about this bug, maybe somebody would give just a random comment in like eight months, but @crinrict and @Sid1701d9 have helped me through it and found a solution in less than 24 hours. I can't express my gratitude.

Thank you so much!!!

Raiyah <3

P.S. Thank you to @crinrict for moving my post so I didn't have to!!

Message 15 of 20 (1,876 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

@NoorPlayys : You're welcome! Large smile

Message 16 of 20 (1,872 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@NoorPlayys I have this problem too! It has been an issue since I got the game, which is before I installed any mods or cc.
Message 17 of 20 (1,787 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have this same problem, every time the grim reaper comes, the Plead option is always grayed out. I don't use any mods/cc. I pause and play incessantly to continually check if the Plead option opens up at any point and it never does

Message 18 of 20 (1,728 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict I have had this problem on an account without mods
Message 19 of 20 (999 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

As this thread is now a bit older, it's been locked to prevent necro-posting.

If you still need help with this topic, please feel free to create a new thread so we can look into this further with you Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 20 of 20 (931 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help