Original Post

Accepted Solution

Plead option is greyed out

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, StrangerVille, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Every time the Grim Reaper comes, the option to plead is greyed out the entire time he's reaping. If I hover over it, it says, "Ye must not plead for a sim before the reaping, lest ye be reaped!", hinting that the option will be available in a few sim minutes. I've seen YouTube videos about being able to plead for your sim, and I'm not sure if that's supposed to be happening, but that's not an option in my game. 
What happens when the bug occurs? See above.
What do you expect to see? The Grim Reaper reaps sim normally with the option to plead at some point, then leaves.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Has happened since I downloaded TS4 (October 2017)

Yes, a long list of hairstyles, some build mode, and UI Cheats Extension and MC Command Center

Message 1 of 20 (7,140 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Plead option is greyed out

★★★★★ Guide

@NoorPlayys : Do a 50/50 of your Mods? (Look it up online.)

View in thread

Message 13 of 20 (8,874 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@NoorPlayys Have you tested this without mods as well ?

Did the reaping take place yet ?

(split your thread from the other thread cause that was about Reaper getting stuck)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (7,114 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Dear @crinrict

The reaping does take place, and I have tried this with mods/CC uninstalled. Could you please tell me how to split my thread? I am new to Answers HQ!

Thanks so much!!

Raiyah

Message 3 of 20 (7,098 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@NoorPlayys Unlike TS3 the Sims 4 does the pleading after the ghost appear, plead before the reaper puts the ghost in the tombstone, for a period of time the ghost will show and the body of the sim will show plead than and if successful he will revive the sim, if not the tombstone will appear and the ghost will get kicked inside it.

Message 4 of 20 (7,097 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Dear @Sid1701d9,

Even when the sim is a ghost, I do not have the option. This has happened with both cats/dogs and sims.

Thanks!!

Raiyah

Message 5 of 20 (7,088 Views)

Hero
@NoorPlayys I split it for you. Nothing you need to do.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 20 (7,082 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict can you find out if you can plead for the life of a cat or dog that may be why it is greyed out, if its only for cats and dogs.
Message 7 of 20 (7,078 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Sid1701d9,

It does not work for any cat/dog or sim.

Thanks for your help!!

Raiyah

Message 8 of 20 (7,071 Views)

Hero

I tested this just now cause I wasn't sure and for me, the option worked as soon as he pulled his notebook.

Successful too.

Could you test a new save, with no mods if it happens too ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 20 (7,066 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict,

I just double-checked it, and I still cannot plead.

Thanks for your help!!

Raiyah

Message 10 of 20 (7,057 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help