Re: Playing Sims 4 after removing mods temporarily due to update. Possible?

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Playing Sims 4 after removing mods temporarily due to update. Possible?

★ Novice

Hello all,

One thing that I've come to realize isn't on the internet...or at least plainly, is whether or not a person can play the sims after removing mods. I'll give you a timeline to better understand what I'm asking

1. EA releases a game update

2. Mod users everywhere backup their save files and move the mod folders out until the creators update

3(which I am not sure about) Mod users continue playing their game until an update is released by the creators

I know some people quit on mods cold turkey, but this isn't about that. I just want to know if my game files will be in jeopardy if I save without the mod files, as some interact with the script of the game. Will that cause issues? Because eventually you'll be adding them back. I just want to know the game's coding won't be confused or something and I can play in the meantime till they get updated. I don't have any CC, just mods

Thanks! Standard smile

Message 1 of 2 (402 Views)

Re: Playing Sims 4 after removing mods temporarily due to update. Possible?

Champion (Retired)

For Mods you can just Remove them and delete localthumbcache.package. If you use CC Create a new game to test it in to see if it gives problems.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 2 (386 Views)