Re: Playful decor buff is driving me mad

by DonroaAkashu

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

okay wow... after some thorough investigating, I found the problem was some photographs one of my sims took that I hung on the wall... I never would’ve expected that as the issue, but when i took them down the buff suddenly went away. I’m happy I finally found out what it was, but its strange how the photos never gave me this issue

maybe OP has the same problem? I hope they figure it out too

Message 11 of 16 (567 Views)

★★★ Guide
@noruaisu @to7m Yeah this is a thing lately, I think it's a bug. If not a bug and by design, then the design is annoying lol...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Photos-taken-in-emotional-state-give-permanent-buff/td-p/...
Message 12 of 16 (532 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I know this is a super old thread but I have an answer no one has mentioned. If select a camera and choose "take picture of...," if either you or the sim your taking a picture of is in a playful mood then the picture ypuve produced will have a playful debuff that cannot be turned on and off. It just stays playful forever. If you hang these mood buff pics on your walls they give all sims in that room the playful buff (or focused, or inspired, etc). I figured this out because I have a massive picture wall in my 100 baby challenge house of all tnhe kids during each different age. At first it was fine but when they updated the different color frames I logged in and everyone in that room was perma-playful. It just so happened that the update had removed all the picture frames on my millions of pics so I had to individually click on each one to re-frame it, which is how I found the pic-moodlets and figured out what was happening. I took down all the pics with moodlets and it stopped happening. Now I only use the "Take pic" option while standing in front of my desired target. Unless the sims are just happy or fine you cant use "take pic of..." Without creating a mood-buff photo. 

Message 13 of 16 (446 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Thank you, that was great. If it matched this bug report it is fixed and you can perhaps toggle off the mood Standard smile

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Photos-taken-in-emotional-state-give-permanent-buff/td-p...

Message 14 of 16 (425 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@LolaPierce - as mentioned, this was a bug with emotional photos that was causing the problem. Thankfully, that bug was fixed in December: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Photos-taken-in-emotional-state-give-permanent-buff/td-p...

So, good news - if you want to do another 100 baby challenge & have all those portraits on the wall, you can choose to disable the emotional effects again! Standard smile 

(You should be able to "take picture of..." again without any issues, too)

Sorry @DonroaAkashu , we must have been replying at the same time! I type slowly lol

Message 15 of 16 (422 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Expert

..And we meet again @BlackjackWidow .. :D

Message 16 of 16 (420 Views)