Re: Playful decor buff is driving me mad

by noruaisu

Original Post

Playful decor buff is driving me mad

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I haven’t played my game in a while, I updated today, I also use one mod ‘happy Buffs changed to fine’ and I’ve also updated that too...

in on my sims living room they keep getting a playful decor buff, it is only in this room and there is nothing in here to trigger this buff as far as I’m aware. If they leave the room it goes away, and I just can’t figure out why. 

Can somebody tell tell me what items can do this? I’ve checked everything that has an emotional aura and they’re all disabled. I’m literally just about to delete the entire save as it’s annoying me so much.

—T

Message 1 of 16 (5,517 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@to7m. Here is a good guide to the emotions; see the part about Playful.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/emotions/

Mods will do the darndest things to your game; if you want to exclude any influence from them, trying in a new folder is recommended.

Message 2 of 16 (5,468 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@to7m
Hi, I was just wondering if you have tried removing the sim/sims from that house and putting a new sim in there? Because it might just be the sim/sims or the lot. (Im not a genius, don't trust this to work!)
Message 3 of 16 (5,447 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@to7m - I had a similar issue with an Energized decor moodlet in one of my sim's households. It was driving me crazy, there was absolutely nothing active for that energized moodlet in the living room. Turned out to be the Lump of Clay, which was molded by someone into a teapot in my case.

It's listed in Carl's Guide in the link that was shared by @DonroaAkashu, but just in case you didn't notice that particular part - look for a Lump of Clay molded into a Llama (or "Ripped", which no one seems to know that shape). Either move it or have someone mold it into something new. 

Message 4 of 16 (5,436 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@to7m  @BlackjackWidow   The other clay shape that gives a Playful moodlet looks just like the lump of clay when it is newly bought from Build/Buy and 'unshaped'.

clay ripped to the right.png

The one the the left is the original lump of clay; the one to the right gives Playful moodlet in the room. (I tested).

Message 5 of 16 (5,424 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@DonroaAkashu - thank you so much! I've been wondering for ages about that!
Message 6 of 16 (5,409 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@to7m     @BlackjackWidow   Well, I am not sure I would call it the 'missing' shape though, because I tested some more: my sim  made clay shape after clay shape, but no others than the already by Carl recognized ones were created. Several ordinary lumps of clay give moodlets when in the room: Inspired, Focused, Energized and Decorated (as well as the Playful from before). One guess is that they are unfinished/remodeled/begun shapes of the kind that when done are suppose to give/or gave these moodlets. But logging out of the game/putting them in household inventory removed this moodlet from the shapeless lumps; so if OP has done that, then those cannot explain the room moodlet.

Message 7 of 16 (5,385 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@DonroaAkashu well, we still don't know if @to7m has lump of clay at all, or if it's a llama shape, which we know gives off the playful moodlet. I'm hoping OP will come back & let us know if the culprit was found. Standard smile
Message 8 of 16 (5,370 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I have the same problem... I've been looking EVERYWHERE to find the solution, but every item has the aura turned off... its not the lump of clay either as I don't have that item.. It also only happens in the living room for some reason, so I have to deal with all my sims being playful. This never happened before until a while ago. 

Message 9 of 16 (5,266 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@noruaisu. Take a look at the thread linked above and see if you have any of those listed items in your living room. 

You can also take a screenshot of the playful mood message, as well as your sims' living room from different angles and attach to your post, and I'll try to help you look for it. 

What careers are your sims in? A lot of reward items give off auras. Trophies too I think, and what they do in the living room matters as well. 

Are you sure you don't have the clay? You can leave your sims on high autonomy, they are bound to go for it eventually if it's there. 

If you click on any object in the room from within build mode, the object info, including if it emits any auras, is listed in the lower right corner.  

Also put up your walls if it is a wall decoration creating the mood. 

Message 10 of 16 (5,230 Views)