Re: Player profile and wall freezing game.

by Summerbear5

Original Post

Player profile and wall freezing game.

★★★★★ Novice
Ok so I was able to pickup a copy of sims 3 showtime from my local goodwill as someone had donated it. This is my first time playing it and using the Simport. It has never worked right for me since installing. I even uninstalled and reinstalled it. I have windows 8.1 which I got about a month or so ago. My problem is I can login and open up the player profile and wall the first time but once I close it if I try to reopen it any other time during the same game play session the whole game freezes. There is no error message and the game isn't closing to desktop it just sits there frozen for as long as I let it. I have to open the task manager and end task for it to close. Am I needing to open ports on my router or download any other third party applications? I have the newest directx but also I downloaded directx 9c for another game. Trying to hard to figure this out so I can use Simport freely during game play and not once per session. I've also cleared all my caches but still game keeps freezing when opening player profile and wall not using any mods or custom content. Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 3 (235 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

bump

Message 2 of 3 (218 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Did the code work for the used copy?
Message 3 of 3 (209 Views)