Play button takes me back to the launcher

by MsFiree

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Play button takes me back to the launcher

★ Novice

When I click on the play button, it just takes me back to the Origin Launcher. I tired clicking other places on the screen as well and it just keeps taking me back to the Origin launcher. I have clicked on "repair" when that didn't work I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and I'm having the same issue. 

Message 1 of 7 (2,414 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Play button takes me back to the launcher

★ Novice

I figured it out! I had to change the version from 64 bit to 32 bit. Once I did that the game worked. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (2,366 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@MsFiree   Did the game ever work? Do you have mods in the game? If so remove the mods and try the game. If that doesn't work try moving the whole user data directory to the desktop, The game will create a new default user directory the next time you start the game. If the game now runs there is something corrupt in the user files.

Message 2 of 7 (2,397 Views)

★ Novice

I figured it out! I had to change the version from 64 bit to 32 bit. Once I did that the game worked. 

Message 3 of 7 (2,367 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how did you do that???

Message 4 of 7 (2,327 Views)

@vsilva73  You can switch between the 64- and 32-bit versions of Sims 4 in Origin.  Right-click on the Sims 4 icon, select Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options, and choose the version you want from the dropdown menu.  This option is only available in Windows; let me know if you're on a Mac.

Are you sure you need to run the 32-bit Legacy Edition though?  If not, you can run a dxdiag and attach it to a post; that will show whether you need the LE or not.  Please also let us know what issue you're currently having; there's a good chance it can be solved without your needing to run the LE.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 7 (2,315 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what about for a mac?

Message 6 of 7 (2,152 Views)

Hero
@rfellman It's best if you post in the Mac forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (2,135 Views)