Play button is grayed out

by kodukass

Original Post

Play button is grayed out

★★★ Newbie

I can't play my game, because the "Play" button has greyed out. I deleted all those cache fails, but still it doesn't work. Are my games uninstalled, when I reinstall Origin? How can I reinstall Origin? Does it help?

Link that I used for deleting cache fails: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Waiting for the answers.

Message 1 of 7 (16,417 Views)

Re: Play button is grayed out

EA Staff

You won't lose your game installations if you re-install Origin. Before re-installing Origin, please try restarting your computer , ensure that you are running Origin with Administrator rights and then run a repair on the game or check for updates again (right click the Sims 4 game tile in Origin client and select 'Repair Game' or 'Check for Updates').

Message 2 of 7 (16,402 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Also sometimes you may need a new update! By checking if you do follow these 3 easy steps-

1. Click on setting

2. Then go to update

3. If there is a update you can instal it and then can play your game... If no update you may need to re-instal your game or Origin.Confusedmileyhappy:

Hope you can play Sims 4 soon...

If this helped click the XP button at the bottom!                  l

l

l

V

Message 3 of 7 (16,389 Views)

[ Edited ]

Try right clicking the game in Origin, and choose 'repair game'.
Oh I've read over the response of @EA_Kristi hope that helps @kodukass

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 7 (16,374 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I had the same problem but had a simple solution. Hit "Ctrl+Shift+Esc"  all at the same time. This should open up the task manager, Go to the tab "Processes" find "Origin.exe" or something that is named similar to that. Hit "End Task". Reopen Origin after the process was terminated. Now see if you can open The Sims 4.

Message 5 of 7 (16,360 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@kodukass Make sure the goddamn game isn't open. That was my issue. Merry Christmas to half the people having this issue
Message 6 of 7 (10,374 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @GreysideBoss I'm locking this thread as it is half a decade old.

If having an issue or just want to chat about the game then please make a new thread.

Darko
Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (10,351 Views)