Re: Plants

by equestrianfox

Original Post

Plants

★★ Novice

To get to the point, my sim has mastered the gardening skill but cannot use perfect fertilizer. The highest it shows in the fertilizer panel is outstanding.

Help would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 16 (1,043 Views)

Hero

You don't need a perfect fertilizer to get perfect plants.

Here's a little guide on fertilizer/gardening that might answer your questions:

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/gardening/fertilizer.php

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Gardening_(The_Sims_3)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (1,037 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

You don't need a perfect fertilizer to get perfect plants.

Here's a little guide on fertilizer/gardening that might answer your questions:

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/gardening/fertilizer.php

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Gardening_(The_Sims_3)

I realize that they aren't necessary but it is much more convenient as I won't have to keep specifically growing outstanding plants to use as fertilizer. Besides, it still doesn't solve the fact that the option to use perfect fertilizer is not available. Any ideas on why this is or how I can fix it?

Thanks for the links. I gained a bit more insight into gardening.

Message 3 of 16 (1,031 Views)

Hero

I don't use gardening that often and when I do, I just use the option to use the best fertilized availble so I might be misunderstanding what you're asking.

Do you mean that if the fertilizer you wanna use (like fish) is of perfect quality, you can't use it ? I do think you have the option to choose which fertilizer you wanna use. Do the perfect ones not show up  or are you referring to the table you see when you look at their gardening skill ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (1,028 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi, Equestrianfox!
Sorry for my introduction. I have made soo much gardening in my game. Don't exist perfect fertilizer, with everything in inventory in perfect quality my sim chooses plasma fruit which is in italian language "sublime", lifefruit is perfect quality is too only "sublime" as a fertilizer.
But don't worry with "sublime" fertilizer You can let grow perfect plants.
Hope that helps You
Bobi 

Message 5 of 16 (1,025 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Sorry for the ambiguity, the 'perfect' fish, plants etc don't show up in the fertilizer menu only 'outstanding' and lower. Also, when selecting "fertilize with best fertilizer", my sim still only uses outstanding items. In other words I can't use my 'perfect' items as fertilizer, only the 'outstanding', 'nice', etc

Message 6 of 16 (1,019 Views)

Hero

OK. Thanks for clearing that up. Sorry if I misunderstood you.

Questions:

1. Are you using any mods ?

2. Was that always like this or did it suddenly occur (as I said, I have no clue how it should be for I never pay attention to stuff like that) ?

3. If it's a new thing: Does it only happen with one Sim or did you try another one to see if that's the case for them too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 16 (1,016 Views)

★★ Novice

Mods as in custom content?

It is a new thing and I've tried with several different sims, still the same result.

Message 8 of 16 (1,012 Views)

Hero

Mods as in third party hacks. Not merely custom content as in cloth and stuff but hacks that change the actual gameplay.

Did you change anything (as for example patch to 1.36) when it started occuring ? This could very well be a new bug. Just have not read about it untili now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 16 (1,010 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It started shortly after I installed the Sims Pets expansion pack. I had already installed World Adventures and Ambitions without problems. My game version is 10.0.96.017001 and I only have Late Night and Pets installed, if that helps.

I just tried to play without custom content and now I can't even use outstanding or excellent fertilizer. Hehe, strange.

And I don't have any mods that I know of.

Message 10 of 16 (1,008 Views)