Placing walls extremely laggy after new patch

by beccas24

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Placing walls extremely laggy after new patch

★ Novice

My build/buy mode has been extremely laggy after the new patch. I had issues before the patch with my keyboard commands not always being followed through with the game, but it was workable. Post-patch, there is about a 10-30 second delay to place walls, delete them, build foundation, place objects, etc. I have disabled and removed all of my mods, played around with the graphics, and repaired my game multiple times with no change. 

I play on Windows 10 on a pretty good gaming tower, and have over 300 GB of system space, so I don't think it's a computer issue. Other games of similar sizes run well, and the Sims 4 was chugging along just fine until the patch. 

Any ideas? I love building and really want to play around with the new window update but it's just impossible to use build/buy right now!

Message 1 of 5 (570 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Placing walls extremely laggy after new patch

@beccas24  Please test in a clean user data folder.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether the lag is still there.

If you get lag in a clean folder, try bringing up the Options menu (the three dots in the upper right corner of your screen).  That seems to get rid of Build mode lag for some people, some of the time.  It's not really a solution, just useful to know whether it works for you too.

It would also be helpful to see a dxdiag on this computer.  You can attach one to a post here.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (559 Views)

All Replies

@beccas24  Please test in a clean user data folder.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether the lag is still there.

If you get lag in a clean folder, try bringing up the Options menu (the three dots in the upper right corner of your screen).  That seems to get rid of Build mode lag for some people, some of the time.  It's not really a solution, just useful to know whether it works for you too.

It would also be helpful to see a dxdiag on this computer.  You can attach one to a post here.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 2 of 5 (560 Views)

★ Novice

The clean folder helped a lot! Do you know how I can add back my saves or do I just have to trial and error them back in?

Also here is the dxdiag:

Thanks so much!!

Message 3 of 5 (545 Views)

@beccas24  There's always some trial and error when moving content from an old Sims 4 folder to a new one.  In your position, I'd move over one save and test it, just to see whether you get any more lag.  It's possible the problem is from the saves themselves, but it's also possible the issue is something else in your old folder, and you won't know until you test.

By the way, the Dell Alienware Command Center software on your computer is crashing.  You already have the newest version, so there's nothing to update.  If you don't notice any issues, you can probably ignore it, but if you do see slowdowns either in-game or in general, try shutting down the software.  You should be able to find it in the background tasks category of the Task Manager.

Message 4 of 5 (533 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so so much for all your help!!

Message 5 of 5 (523 Views)