by Ethyrdude

Original Post

Placing lots in Newcrest

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Island Living, Laundry Stuff, My First Pet Stuff and Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the Newcrest map and place houses on each of the lots. Doesn't matter if these are venues, residential or whatever. Just grab a lot from either the gallery or from your own personal tray and place the lot using the Manage Worlds view.
What happens when the bug occurs? Once you have finished placing lots, enter a household in any neighbourhood you are playing in play mode and try to edit their lot. IF YOU HAVE NOT EXITED THE GAME AND RESTARTED it will be impossible to enter buy/build mode. If you go into the manage world view and try to edit the lot, a broken room view window appears stating its for a room 999,999,999 simoleons is available with the name Signature Queen Anne Livingroom. If you go back into your saved game after this appears, you can then edit your lot.
What do you expect to see? I would like to actually edit the lot I am playing without going through a lot of nonsense to clear this error. This problem occurs regardless of playing a game with or without mods, on a new save or on an existing save. If any attempt is made to edit a lot in play mode immediately after filling all the Newcrest lots, this problem occurs. This has been tested on and occured on two different computers, one a first gen i5 with 6 GB ram and GTX 750 1 GB card, the second a Ryzen 7 2700 with an AMD RX 580X 8 GB video card and a reinstalled game. The lot below picked was the one I was playing but it really makes no difference as to the lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Go to the Newcrest map and place houses on each of the lots. Doesn't matter if these are venues, residential or whatever. Just grab lots from either the gallery or from your own personal tray and place the lots using the Manage Worlds view. It also makes no difference with or without MODS and has happened since the introduction of Newcrest, I just hadn't posted about it as I thought by now somebody on the design team would have caught it.

Once you have finished placing lots, enter a household in any neighborhood you are playing in play mode and try to edit their lot. IF YOU HAVE NOT EXITED THE GAME AND RESTARTED, it will be impossible to enter buy/build mode. If you go into the manage world view and try to edit the lot, a broken room view window appears stating its for a room 999,999,999 simoleons is not available with the name Signature Queen Anne Livingroom. If you go back into your saved game after this appears, you can then edit your lot.

This has been tested on and occurred on two different computers, one a first gen i5 with 6 GB ram and GTX 750 1 GB card, the second a Ryzen 7 2700 with an AMD RX 580X 8 GB video card and a reinstalled game. The lot below picked was the one I was playing but it really makes no difference as to the lot. 

Message 1 of 18 (1,750 Views)

Re: Placing lots in Newcrest

Hero
@Ethyrdude Really odd. I'm unable to replicate and also surprised that this hasn't been reported before if it's happening since Newcrest came out.

Will mark as needs info to see if anyone can replicate this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (1,728 Views)

Re: [NEED INFO] Placing lots in Newcrest

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

This is indeed curious. I have used Newcrest as my default world to  begin a new save.

I have built there and placed lots from the gallery since Newcrest was first added.

I have not ever seen a "broken room view" error. 

When you tested without mods did you actually remove the mods folder or disable the mods? 

Edit: I looked at every styled room and "Signature Queen Anne Living Room" could not be found in my game.
Game Version 1.52.100.1020
All content installed thru Island Living.
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 3 of 18 (1,715 Views)

★★ Guide

That's the thing, I don't, nor ever have had this room installed. I just tested again, this time with a fresh tray, no mods and no saves and it didn't happen. I am ninety nine percent positive that its not a mod issue, but I am now certain that it is a tray item, either acquired from the gallery or another site, perhaps they were doing an edit and had this room in their tray and the remnants of that room made this happen. I have a lot of downloaded houses so one of those is the culprit. In order to be fair, I will try this again with just my tray and see what happens. I probably should have done this before as some of these houses I've had a long time but if they are corrupt, there's no place for them. Frown On the bright side, I get a whole new neighborhood. Standard smile

Message 4 of 18 (1,688 Views)

★★ Guide

Actually, I just changed my mind. If I am certain it's the tray, then I am just going to create a new neighborhood and take care of the problem once and for all. I've dealt with this problem once too many to continue. I do have some houses that I made but It's best to just dump all and start fresh.

Message 5 of 18 (1,685 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m experiencing the same problem, except in the Hecking household in Brindleton Bay. i’ve included a picture so hopefully that attaches correctly, but instead of the Hecking household name it says “It’s a Good House.”

Message 6 of 18 (1,678 Views)

★★ Pro

@Ethyrdude You can try using the Sims 4 Tray Importer tool to go through all the lots in your Tray folder by exporting each of them and then trying them one at a time in a new Tray folder.

I once downloaded an older lot from the Gallery and somehow it came with files from another build stuck to it. A very strange thing to happen and the Tray Importer was a big help finding the extraneous files to delete.

@CEB04 That is so strange! Are you using UI Cheats or some mod like that, which might need to be updated? I actually just spent the last few days redoing that lot in my game and never saw that.

Message 7 of 18 (1,664 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Ethyrdude wrote:

Actually, I just changed my mind. If I am certain it's the tray, then I am just going to create a new neighborhood and take care of the problem once and for all. I've dealt with this problem once too many to continue. I do have some houses that I made but It's best to just dump all and start fresh.

A fresh start can be a lot of work but will be worth the effort.

@CEB04 
When in build mode you will see the name of the lot not the household that lives there. I would expect to see “It’s a Good House” as the lot name.
What concerns me is seeing "Signature Queen Anne Living Room" in your game.
Please remove the tray folder and localthumbcache.package needs to be deleted.
That should remove file that could harm your game.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 8 of 18 (1,645 Views)

★★ Guide

I've been at it for over 6 hours now and I'm still not done. I just hope that broken file is gone. What I'll do is once I am finished, I'll save this game as A new start or something like that, so I won't have to rebuild the town every time. It's not so bad once I have the houses saved in my gallery but it's taking a long time as I have to change some downloaded houses to suit my taste. I am a bit fussy when it comes to window placement and the various roofs. Maybe to make sure, I'll start another game from scratch, load the edited houses into Newcrest and see if the issue is truly gone.

Message 9 of 18 (1,618 Views)

★★ Guide

@CEB04 I have a feeling that one of the lots, not necessarily the one you are working on has this embedded in it. I wasn't going to mention this and actually I didn't for the longest time as it was easy enough to get around it by exiting the game and restarting it. Now that I did, probably more people will mention having had this problem. It must be something similar in both our games for the same broken room to come up. I honestly first believed that it might even have been a broken piece of code left in one of the Newcrest lots but sometimes it appears randomly after placing a lot elsewhere.

Message 10 of 18 (1,610 Views)