Re: [NEED INFO] Placing lots in Newcrest

by Ethyrdude

Original Post

Champion (Retired)
@Ethyrdude It is good that you decided to make a report.
EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 11 of 18 (462 Views)

★★ Guide

Guess What! I just had it happen again! I started a new game, I put Streamlet Single from the gallery on my computer into Civic Cliffs and Crick Cabana also from my gallery into Cookout Lookout and went into my save, tried to edit the lot, couldn't so I went into Manage worlds and there she was, the dreaded Signature Queen Anne Living Room. Now I do have my mods back so I have some hunting to do. Either I just got Lucky the other day with no mods or one of my mods has this broken room embedded.

I'm thinking it has to be an older yet still functioning mod because I've had this issue a long time and most of the script mods have been updated. I'll keep you updated as to how it goes. I have put in some other lots as well in Newcrest but I made those all from scratch to make sure nothing came with a newly downloaded lot. I'm sure Streamlet SIngle and Crick Cabana are not the source as they were installed by Maxis with the game.

Message 12 of 18 (433 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

I'm sad, and in a way glad, I found the mod. It starts with M and a lot of people use it, I will go to their site and inform them of my findings. I have no doubt, as running the game with no mods has no problems and with only this one mod, the problem returns. I tried it several times and every time the problem recurs with just this mod in game.

Message 13 of 18 (424 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

It would be helpful to know which mod unless it breaks the game's rating.

The only popular mod I know that starts with M is MC Command Center and it's extremely hard for me to believe that would cause your problem. I've been playing with that mod since a few months after it first was released, something like four years ago, and I've never had that happen to me.

Message 14 of 18 (413 Views)

★★ Guide

Apparently nobody else is getting this issue so I guess it's due to something weird on my end. It's fine, I am giving up on this, it's not a game breaker, just something annoying that's been going on for a long time with no solution in sight. Maybe it's a conflict between mods or something else, All I know is that when testing, with the mod it did it, consistently and without it, it didn't. I was hoping that by posting, I might get a better idea and certainly that broken room is a bit of a concern, where is it coming from?

Message 15 of 18 (398 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Ethyrdude I'm going to move this to tech for further troubleshooting.

I don't have time to read all but seems it's mod related ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 18 (375 Views)

★★ Guide

Yeah,it's mod related. It seems to be caused by a conflict of mods so it will be tough to find. As there are no actual (LEs or UIEs) errors generated, troubleshooting will be almost impossible.

Message 17 of 18 (364 Views)

Hero
@Ethyrdude Sounds like it.

Easiest would probably to find someone else with this issue and compare mods.

Maybe the mod conflict detector can give some indication although if it's script mods, I wouldn't be too hopeful. Doesn't hurt to try though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 18 (359 Views)