Re: Placing lots from the gallery resulting in missing walls/foundations since p

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Placing lots from the gallery resulting in missing walls/foundations since patch

★★★ Novice

I spent last night rebuilding Brindleton Bay with custom lots from the gallery. I was noticing when going into build mode that some of the lots that I placed would be missing outer walls and in some cases all of the foundation (with all the furniture just floating, very creepy!). All of these lots had items from expansions I don't own, but they're supposed to be replaced with items I do have. Which it is doing in most cases, but not for trees and some objects.

Anyway, I even tried placing lots from my gallery that I had placed without issue before the patch, and even some of those are having this same problem! One example is peacemaker's Willow Creek lounge, which now places without the entire left wall, or the diagonal wall where the front door sits.

I've repaired my game, cleared my cache, restarted, made sure cheats are disabled, I've removed my mods folder and the issue persists!

Just curious if this is happening to anyone else or if it's a known issue, as Google isn't coming up with anything for me.

Also, I don't know if it's related, but I can no longer get the show hidden objects or the new cheat to work either :-(

Message 1 of 17 (3,907 Views)

Re: Placing lots from the gallery resulting in missing walls/foundations since p

Champion (Retired)

@sicitur 

Try doing a factory reset as described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 17 (3,893 Views)

★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen I've just tried this, and unfortunately it's doing it still :-(

Message 3 of 17 (3,869 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@sicitur 

Please give an example of a lot you replaced where this happened so I can do a test.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 17 (3,838 Views)

★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen I've tried placing on almost all lots and this occurs. The lots I'm downloading from the gallery are Swords and Shield and Yanchep Yacht Club, both uploaded by peacemaker_ic. The first lot I've placed on every default community lot in Willow Creek, and the second one I was placing on Club Calico in Brindleton Bay. I've even tried using the ones I already had saved to my gallery and placed without issue from before the patch, as well as downloading the tray files directly from the creator's site and still get this issue.

Thanks for your help so far!

Message 5 of 17 (3,822 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@sicitur 

I have tested these and found no issues except that some CC was removed which was expected.

You write that you have removed your Mods but did you also delete localthumbcache.package?

Message 6 of 17 (3,808 Views)

★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen not 100% sure if I had deleted it with my mods removed, but I have tried deleting it already. But if I've already tried removing my entire Sims 4 folder and had the game rebuild it with the issue persisting, would that have been the culprit? I might just do a clean install over the weekend, it's just so weird.

Message 7 of 17 (3,801 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@sicitur 

Agree that it is weird. Hopefully a complete reinstall can fix it.

Message 8 of 17 (3,791 Views)

★★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen just finished my clean install. would you believe that the issue is still happening? thanks so much again for all of your help, i honestly have no clue what it could be at this point and will just avoid the gallery for now i guess...
Message 9 of 17 (3,777 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Did you solve the problem? I have the same issue, too.
Message 10 of 17 (2,723 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help