Placed mini-fridge in world and now can't pick it back up

by rejohnson53

Original Post

Placed mini-fridge in world and now can't pick it back up

★★★★★ Novice

Hi there,

Like it says in the title, my sim had a mini-fridge in his inventory and I clicked Place Object in World. However, there's no option to put the mini-fridge back in my inventory, and since the fridge was placed outside the bounds of the active lot switching to build mode won't help. Does anyone know any workarounds?

Thanks!

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time I place a mini-fridge outside.
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every expansion, game pack, and stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put a mini-fridge in a sim's inventory, walk to an open-world space outside of the active lot. Open the sim's inventory panel and click Place in World.
What do you expect to see? An option to Put in Inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 1 of 2 (306 Views)

Re: Placed mini-fridge in world and now can't pick it back up

@rejohnson53  There's no way within the game to remove an object that's not on a lot, unfortunately, unless you can get a sim to use it, which it sounds like you can't.  If you're willing to use a mod, TwistedMexi's T.O.O.L. mod lets you delete objects not on lots.  You could remove the mod afterwards if you wanted.

Or you could revert to a previous save.  Here's how:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (292 Views)