by mailo1993

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Pictures turning black

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Every time I take pictures. Dosen’t matter if it’s from cellphone, camera, university picture etc.
What happens when the bug occurs? All kinds off pictures turn black, both in invetory and wall.
What do you expect to see? The pictures I’ve taken, I would like them to not be black!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Ok, so every picture I / my sim take turns black. Inventory and when placed on wall. Can’t even see how the pictures turned out. Nothing works. Tried repair, no mods. What do I do? 

Message 1 of 23 (13,492 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Pictures turning black

Hero

Basically this: 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 18 of 23 (16,952 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@mailo1993 Did you put them in any chests ? Are they black from start or when you do something special ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 23 (13,455 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict No chests, they get black from the very start 😭 Example: my sim took two pictures a camera, one og her old mom and one of her old dad. When they appear in sims inventory the pictures are black. When I try to hang them on the wall: still black. This happens everytime when it comes to pictures and where they come from (such as university graduation picture) 😕
Message 3 of 23 (13,448 Views)

Hero
@mailo1993 What's your graphics card ?

Could you post a picture of your ingame graphics settings ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 23 (13,440 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It’s in norwegian tho, but I hope it helps anyway 😄 I do have a gaming PC, and pictures taken earlier did work fine before. 

Message 5 of 23 (13,437 Views)

Hero
@mailo1993 Does it matter how you take the photos ? Which camera ? With or without Tripod ? Does it matter if it's Sims or landscape ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 23 (13,431 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No, it dosen't matter at all. It occurs at any way you can take or get a picture Frown

Message 7 of 23 (13,424 Views)

Hero
@mailo1993 Could you also attach your config.log file ?

Also try if updating the graphics drivers helps. Yours are from 2018

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 23 (13,406 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I will try updating my graphic card Embarrassed

I hope this is the file you wanted: 

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 9 of 23 (13,404 Views)

Hero
@mailo1993 Yup, thanks. Just wanted to make sure the game runs on the card and not the chip but that's seems to be the case.

So yeah, try updating drivers.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 23 (13,372 Views)