by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Phone Options and Click on Sims Options not showing

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get To Work, Get Together, Seasons. Game Packs: Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, Vampires. Stuff Packs: Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the phone or click on your sim and try to locate the options you need. You will see that they are not available.
What happens when the bug occurs? I select my sims' phone to try and find some of the newly added phone options but I cannot find a single one of them, one of the most important being the newly added Self Employment option on the phone and also the Impression option that I believe is supposed to be available on the phone as well. As far as options that should be present when clicking on sims I cannot find the 'Create Trend' option and that was something my sim had to do for her new Style Influencer career. I'm getting Get Famous for Christmas and I'd really like all these issues resolved by then.
What do you expect to see? I expect all phone options to be there, including all of the newest ones.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Get Famous Patch.

This bug has been extremely annoying and is holding me back from important options that I could and should have in my game now and going forward as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Standard smile

Message 1 of 10 (3,688 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Phone Options and Click on Sims Options not showing

★★ Apprentice

Good news! I found out which mod it was. It was RainbowBrite's "Longer Interaction Queue" mod if you want to pass it on to anyone else who may bring this issue up in the future. I'm now waiting to see if that mod will get an update because I use it quite a lot. Thanks for all of your help, I really appreciate it. 

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (3,525 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @SimsChick06

have you tested this with no mods installed as well and repaired the game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (3,672 Views)

Hero

Hi @SimsChick06

did you get a chance to test this without mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (3,641 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (3,623 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Sorry for the super late reply. Yes, I tested it without mods and it seems to work fine without them. I tried repairing the game which didn't help me at all. As far as finding the problem mod, I'm having lots of trouble. I ended deleting quite a few of my mods trying to sort through them and find which one it could possibly be. I'm still working on it because this problem really annoys me. I have MC Command Center and I'm also getting LE errors so I know there is at least one problem mod that is in my game currently. 

Message 5 of 10 (3,593 Views)

Hero

Hi @SimsChick06

if you post the lastexception, there might be some indication which mod is to blame.

You can also use the 50/50 method: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content and you find a list here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950909/broken-updated-mods-python-terrain-update-get-fam...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (3,576 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is all my most recent last exceptions have been saying. A few that I had gotten before pointed out specific mods that I have since gotten rid of but the problem is still occurring for me. It's literally day after day of checking mods for me lately.

Here's the last exception message I'm getting:

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
</root>

Message 7 of 10 (3,561 Views)

Hero

Hi @SimsChick06

yeah, that's not very helpful.

I fear it's either 50/50 or the list then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (3,550 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Good news! I found out which mod it was. It was RainbowBrite's "Longer Interaction Queue" mod if you want to pass it on to anyone else who may bring this issue up in the future. I'm now waiting to see if that mod will get an update because I use it quite a lot. Thanks for all of your help, I really appreciate it. 

Message 9 of 10 (3,526 Views)

Hero

Glad to hear you found the culprit.

:D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (3,522 Views)