Pets wont auto-age

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4

Platform: Mac

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Every case

What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1220

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 

- All expansions EXCEPT Snowy Escape

- All game packs EXCEPT Journey to Batuu

- Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Bowling Night, Backyard Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff

How can we find the bug ourselves? 

Have a cat or dog and wait for them to age up. Even after waiting weeks, even a kitten won't auto-age. I am on regular lifespan. 

What happens when the bug occurs? 

A cat or dog will not auto-age

What do you expect to see? 

I expect my pets to age up on their own.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes (MCCC)

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I am unsure, as I wasn't using pets for a while.

I have tried deleting my localthumbcache.package, as I saw this in a similar post, but it has not worked. I have tried twice.

Message 1 of 5 (490 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Pets wont auto-age

★★★ Newbie

Just after posting this my cat aged up! I'm not sure what I did, but I think it might have to do with turning my mods off and back on. Thank you for the help!

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (447 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Chana56201 Have you also tried without mods ? I'm actually unsure if the aging up kitten with treat issue also affects auto-age.

If it persists without mods, it's probably best to create a post in the bug forum

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (462 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@crinrict I have just tried turning off my mods and restarting the game. I waiting an entire week (on regular lifespan) with no luck. My kitten hasn't aged up. How would I go about posting in the bug forum?

Message 3 of 5 (451 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just after posting this my cat aged up! I'm not sure what I did, but I think it might have to do with turning my mods off and back on. Thank you for the help!

Message 4 of 5 (448 Views)

Hero
@Chana56201 Glad you solved it.

Going to mark this as solved but feel free to come back if you have further issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (423 Views)