Re: Pets walking through walls

by SheriGR

Original Post

Pets walking through walls

★ Novice

Hello,

I have just purchased sims 4 cats and dogs but now my cats are running through the walls and furniture which totally spoils the game.

Is this a known issue or is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6 (801 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@winterstorm44 Do you have Mods or CC? If you do please remove them in this process and try the troubleshooting as described below. (If you don't have Mods or CC, just skip the part about removing the Mods folder, but still delete the cache file mentioned.) If you ever had Mods or CC in the past then do the steps as if you have them currently (removing the Mods folder), as there could be damage that has remained after you removed them.

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Copy the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the mods folder and the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder and restart the game and so that the game will re-create the folder.
  • Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the basegame first, then run through each of your expansions/packs). After that, please see if the issue has stopped.

If It fixes the situation I would recommend that you check with the Mod and CC creators to see if there are any known issues with their Mod/CC clashing with the recent update and if so do they have an updated Mod/CC that will address the changes in the game's code from the update. You can then re-add your updated Mods/CC one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 6 (702 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi @SheriGR,

Unfortunately I don't have any mods or CC in my game it's completely the normal version.

I also tried repairing the game already. Should I try removing the cache?

Is there anything else I can try? I contacted EA help chat but it didn't help if I'm honest.

Message 3 of 6 (683 Views)

Champion

@winterstorm44 

Sure, you could try running another game repair in the manner laid out above... just don't worry about the part mentioning the Mods folder. Yes, delete the cache folder mentioned. Then please re-enter the lot and see if your cat is still walking through walls and furniture.

A few additional clarifications:

• Have you tried playing a different lot with a different cat to see if the same thing happens there?
  • Is the home that this is occurring in one that came in the game? If it is can you tell me which lot it is and in which world?
  • Is this a home you made or downloaded from the gallery?
  • What traits does your cat have?
  • Have you tried using a different cat to see if this happens to them also? Does it happen with a dog?

If none of the above seem to be possibilities, the repair does not help, and the issue is still occurring go ahead and create a bug report. This way we can see if others are experiencing the same issue. If you make a bug report let me know and I can have this information/thread merged into it. 
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Message 4 of 6 (646 Views)

★ Apprentice

As of 15/06/2021 I am also still having this issue, I have no cc.

Dogs seem to walk & run through walls as if they are not there (could be related to their actions)

It seems to happen more often if the wall is connected to a fence (even if the fence is connected from the outside) and if an intractable pet item is up against that wall (dog bed).

Message 5 of 6 (498 Views)

Champion

@ToxicCandyCloud Sorry for your troubles with this! Can I please have you check comment #4 above and read through the questions/suggestions to see if any may be helpful in your situation - or at least for clarification?

Just as a note that I've noticed, Sims (and I assume pets) will walk through many of the debug items because the items don't include routing - the Sims act like they are not there. Also, sometimes certain items placed with MOO or alt-placement can cause odd routing behavior. I am not assuming these things are the issue in your case, I just thought I would mention it.

If there are no possible causes from the comment mentioned to test out, you could make a bug report at the link given and see if others are having the same issue.

Message 6 of 6 (487 Views)