Re: Pets not showing, problem Sims 4 Cats&Dogs!

by crinrict

Original Post

Pets not showing, problem Sims 4 Cats&Dogs!

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello guys Devil
So I have only base game and now i recently bought EP Cats and Dogs.
I don't play with mods for a while, i decided to wait till everything gets in order (mods and cc..) even i deleted my saves and now i have to start a new game. I choosed to.

My game is up to date, and i even deleted electronic arts/the sims 4 folder to create a new & clean folder again.
I can create pets, i can play normally.

BUT
I have a problem: I download cats, dogs or families with pets from the gallery, and EVERY SINGLE household I decide to merge in manage worlds the sims appear but pets not!!!!!!!!!!!

I even deleted tray files and download new families and pets from gallery.

Sims shows up.
Pets not.

This picture shows the error... This is a family from the gallery, wherever i put them directly in game or in manage worlds or even in CAS, the sims girls shows up but the dog DON'T! I've tried with other families, still get same error.

And then i try to click on their picture in main menu and it says "Desactivated, playing with genetics" like picture above:

AAA.jpg

Anyone can help me out, please? Thanks in advance and sorry for my english!
Happy simming!

Message 1 of 13 (9,443 Views)

Do you have any mods or CC (custom content)? Try taking that out.
See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 13 (9,405 Views)

★★ Novice

No, right now I don't play with mods.

My game is up to date.
I deleted once again, electronic arts/sims 4 folder to create a new one.
I deleted my saves.
I deleted tray files and downloaded new ones - families with pets of course.

I've even tried to unistall and install again base game + ep cats and dogs... Still got same error.

What more can I do? Please help... :/ 

Message 3 of 13 (9,398 Views)

★★ Novice
Bump...
Anyone? Frown
Message 4 of 13 (9,374 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please post a DxDiag:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 13 (9,365 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have this issue too.

Message 6 of 13 (9,068 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@unmei220

Please read earlier replies.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 13 (9,060 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi! I am having this issue too. Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I don't know where else to turn when my situation perfectly matches the OP! Please help. 

Message 8 of 13 (8,772 Views)

Hero

Hi @LostRoseSR2 

do you have any issues with pets created yourself ? Does it matter if cats or dogs (small or big) ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (8,758 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

You have a few Windows Update failures, Make sure that Windows is updated properly (don't think that has anything to do with your issue but it's worth looking into nonetheless).

have you tried renameing your user folder yet ?

If not, Try  the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (1,471 Views)