Re: Pet sometimes lose their trait in certain scenarios

by crinrict

Original Post

Pet sometimes lose their trait in certain scenarios

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? (I select "Often", but it's easily noticeable.) There are 2 scenarios to trigger this bug. A and B.
What happens when the bug occurs? ((A)) [1]. Create a new pet in CAS(CAP). Remove pre-assigned 1 trait and select 3 traits of your choice. [2]. And just start playing. By using in-game debug option(which EA devs use), you will find out that some of these pets lost their trait(1 or 2). (debug's "remove trait" shows pet's current traits) And when you go back to world menu and look your household, by selecting a lot and click a pet face icon, you will notice that the pet actually lost the trait(only 1 or 2 is assigned). (Beer) [1]. Or, go to household management, edit a household and select a pet. Change their pet's trait here. (testingcheats true & cas.fulleditmode is required) [2]. After you changed their trait, start playing. The result is same as above(A-2).
What do you expect to see? Don't lost trait settings at all. For temporary fix, I can use debug option's "Add trait" menu to fix affected pet. And when I added a trait in live mode using debug system, the pet never lose their trait again(fixed).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 9 (2,397 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you define which traits are lost ? Is it a specific one or does it just happen randomly ? Do you only see it by cheating and they still show the traits in the relationship panel ?

Using the cheat is probably related to the issue usual Sims have which can be found here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSUPPORTED-Changed-Trait-Wrong-Emotion/td-p/3477285

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (2,381 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

It happens randomly, but most of the time it seems the first one(automatically assigned by CAP when you click the race).

In CAP:

"A - None - None", which "A" is automatically assigned by CAP's race

1) I changed it to:

"A - B - C"

Then:

"A - B - C".

2) If I changed it to:

"D - B - E"

Then:

"D - B - E"

or "A - B - E"

or "A - E"

or "A - B".

You're right - changing a trait of already-created pet may be related to the link you provided.

But this issue sometimes happened on new pets. Randomly.

> they still show the traits in the relationship panel ?

If the pet have 2 traits, then the relationship panel show only 2.

Message 3 of 9 (2,363 Views)

Hero

@99publicidentity

do you have the name of a pet in the gallery where this happens reproducibly ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (2,339 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

@99publicidentity for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (2,327 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm still having issues with this bug today, I breed pets on The Sims 4 PC and the if the parents have the "Smart" trait then the puppies are usually only born with only two traits, they never seem to carry over the "Smart" trait. When I try to add any trait back via CAS when I go back into live mode they only have two traits again.

Message 6 of 9 (2,197 Views)

Hero

Hi @ToxicCandyCloud 

think it's best if you just create a new bug report for this in the bug forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (2,180 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have found a FIX!!

so if you ever run into it, age the cat down to kitten, set the 3 traits in CAS, then age it back to adult, it will now have all 3 traits, and still keep the paint, and stuff, you will have to add any clothing back probably, but yup! fixed!

Message 8 of 9 (729 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @fgsyum3md9e8,

Please keep an eye on the dates in a thread when posting.

This thread is quite old and is being locked here to avoid further necroposting, thanks! 

Mako.png
Message 9 of 9 (694 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help