Re: Pet rat broke my game

by narynewt

Original Post

Pet rat broke my game

★ Guide

My sims had a pet rat, and he never needed to be fed. Everyday I would try to give him food, but the option was greyed out and it said that food bowl was full. However after a few days, I got a notification that he starved to death, and my sims are now sad. Except I can still see the wheel spinning in the cage, and hear the rat running around. He's supposed to be dead, but now he's invisible! I tried selling the cage, and buying a new one. As soon as I press play, my game freezes but I can still hear sound just my sims are stuck, and I can't click anything. Even if I try to exit to the main menu, I get an endless loading screen so I have to force quit the game. I've already tried removing my entire mods folder, and the same thing still happens. Someone please help! 

Message 1 of 5 (714 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have had a similar issue where the rodent's needs, especially hunger, get to very low levels but the option to fill their dish is never available and then the pet starves to death. I have not had any freezing issues.

Message 2 of 5 (680 Views)

Do you have any mods or custom content (CC) in your game? Could you test without?
You can just move the folder to a location outside the Electronic Arts folder.
If the game works without your CC and mods in, your issue is probably caused by a broken mod or CC.
You can find a full list of broken/incompatible CC and mods since game updated on November 13th over here:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950909/broken-updated-mods-python-terrain-update-get-fam...

This update, updated the coding for mods so most mods need updating.
If it still doesn't work I suggest taking out half of your mods and CC and testing the game. Then keep splitting until you find all that is broken.
Either update or remove the broken CC/mods.  

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 3 of 5 (653 Views)

★ Guide

All of my mods were updated after the patch. Also I already said that I took out all of my mods. Even without my mods, my game is completely broken after the rat has died. I can't do anything except force quit the game because it's frozen and when I try to quit I get an endless loading screen. I think the rat dying has corrupted my save. 

I'm going to try rolling back my save to before the rat died and see if I can either sell him or try to save him from dying. 

Message 4 of 5 (645 Views)

★ Guide

I think the playable pets mod is the one that messed up my game. I rolled back my save and first played with no mods, and I was able to feed my rat. Then I put back in everything except playable pets because that's the only pet related mod I have (even though it shouldn't have anything to do with rodents), and again I was able to feed my rat so he won't die. 

Message 5 of 5 (632 Views)