Pet "fur" blurry in CAS after newest patch.

by MckinneyMini

Original Post

Pet "fur" blurry in CAS after newest patch.

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them with the exception of Bowling Night.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just open a dog in cas who has been in paint mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? Dogs (haven't tested cats yet) look really blurry when in CAS. The details in their fur look very low textured.
What do you expect to see? I play the game in 4K so I expect to see proper textures like I used to before this patch.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Issue happened after patching to 1.47.51.1020 although I was 2 patches behind that so it patched through 3 different patches.

The dogs in my game (haven't tried cats yet) look blurry in CAS. They fur texture looks blurry, but not the actual pet. It only started happening after I updated my game to the newest patch. Saw some people had a similar issue of low res textures on dogs after exiting detail mode, but mine just look like that in CAS even when I don't enter detail mode.

I have a 4,000 dollar gaming laptop i7 processor 12 gigs of ram and Nvidia 1080 GTX so my gaming laptop can more than handle this game at VERY high settings. Everything else seems fine, including sims, its just dogs (and maybe cats, haven't tested them) and its just the actual "fur" pattern of the dogs thats blurry if that makes sense. The nose can be blurry too if there is "painted fur" on the nose as well.

Message 1 of 4 (444 Views)

Re: Pet "fur" blurry in CAS after newest patch.

Hero
What do you mean by detail mode ? Zooming in ?

There's this issue after using paint mode: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Fur-details-become-blurry-and-distorted-after-leaving/... ? Is that similar to yours ?

Could you add some pictures ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (418 Views)

Hero

Hi @MckinneyMini

did you have a chance to check this other thread ? Is that issue similar to yours ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (381 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (367 Views)