by kreatora

Original Post

Pet previews under “other households” messed up

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click manage households > other households
What happens when the bug occurs? All pets under “other households” have wonky looking previews with stretched out heads
What do you expect to see? Normal looking previews without stretched out heads
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the August 8 patch

I’ve removed all mods and cc and repaired my game but pets are still appearing messed up in the previews under “other households.” I’m not sure where to go from here.

Launched a new save and the issue disappeared. Adopted a stray dog into my household and boom, the issue was back. It wasn’t only the previews though - pets in regular gameplay had stretched out wonky heads too. 

Message 1 of 9 (729 Views)

Re: Pet previews under “other households” messed up

Hero
@swilkerson17 Moving this to tech for troubleshooting.

Did you also delete your localthumbcache file after removing mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (689 Views)

★★★ Guide

I hope someone finds a solution for this as I just started having this happen as well. I have never had graphical issues with this game before and my graphics card is well beyond the recommended requirement. Have tried updating card drivers, removing cc, repairing game, all to no avail so far. My pets will return to normal if I bring the household to CAS and back, but as soon as I reload the game or even switch households, the issue returns. 

Message 3 of 9 (661 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)
@ShinoTypeError

Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder.
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 9. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 10. If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder.

Your saves and library will be fine and nothing will be damaged

I don't work for EA

Message 4 of 9 (659 Views)

Hero
@ShinoTypeError Would be good if you could post your graphics card model.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (644 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict Nvidia GTX 1080 with latest drivers.
Message 6 of 9 (632 Views)

Hero
@ShinoTypeError Did you test a fresh save to find out if it's save game related ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (622 Views)

★★★ Guide

So I've been troubleshooting this for over a week now and literally nothing has worked. I've tried resetting the game folder as suggested above, clean install of graphics drivers, tried a new save game, removed every scrap of CC and deleted cache files, repaired game,  like seriously everything I could think of. My pets still look messed up in previews and in-game until I take them into CAS and back, then they go back to normal temporarily until I switch households at least. 

I have no other graphical issues with this game whatsoever, no lag, my PC definitely meets recommended requirements and then some. This started for me after the Moschino patch. 

It's very discouraging and making me not want to play the game. OP, did you ever find any kind of solution for this? 

Message 8 of 9 (586 Views)

@ShinoTypeError  So the problem shows up even if you start a new save in a completely clean game folder?  (As in, you pull your existing TS4 folder out of Documents\EA and don't add anything at all to the new one that spawns.)  Have you overclocked your processor, graphics card, or monitor?  If so, please revert the settings, at least long enough to test in another clean folder.  And if you're using any apps to tweak GPU settings, please disable those temporarily as well.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 9 (533 Views)