by Zilverwolf2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Pet keeps throwing up after visiting the Vet

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs and Stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the vet to have the female cat neutered
What happens when the bug occurs? My cat throws up all the time. But when i go to the vet it says the cat is healthy
What do you expect to see? Not throwing up anymore without any reason
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim adopted a female adult cat and went to the vet to have it neutered. After the cone of shame was removed, the cat started to throw up often. So much that my sim has the uneasy moodlet all the time and is busy cleaning the floor all day. There is no option to take the cat to the vet. So i traveled there with the cat. But the cat is healthy. i also tried the wellness treat but that did not work either.  I took all my mods and CC out. Cleared the cache but nothing changed. Then i tried to repair my game but that did not work either. I am not sure if it's caused by a patch because the last time i played a family with a pet was before the november patch. It was a dog and i never encountered this problem. This family never had a pet before.

Message 1 of 14 (6,713 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Pet keeps throwing up after visiting the Vet

Hero

Hi @Zilverwolf2 

I'm moving this to tech as you found the cause.

If there's more folks saying that happens, I'll move it back but it needs to happen on a vanilla game as we can't be sure what caused this. I do not think your MCCC settings should be at fault but you never know.

Let me know if the cat doesn't have their kitten in the near future or if it happens again.

Also, could you please use the edit button (three dots in the upper right corner of the post - Edit post) in the future if you have something to add to your post and no one has answered. Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 14 (6,549 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Since you don't seem to be opposed to mods and cc, could you download a mod called Show/Search Sim Info Mod at MTS and check if the pet has any hidden moodlets ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (6,676 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello Crinrict, thanks for answering so soon. I did not know of this mod but it was very enlightening. Although i got her neutered she seems to be pregnant and according to the info she can't reproduce and her partner is listed as a cat that she never met before and did not befriend or otherwise?????

I got the following results: It says "trait pet quirk Pregnancy Vomiting yes".

Hidden traits : "misbehaviour pet trasheat trait is pregnant".

Healthcare info: "Pregnancy first trimester" Partner"Bartholomew A Billebun Sr."  And also says she can't reproduce. And in partner info it states: They have never met nor befriended. So it seems that after my sim adopted her and went to the vet with her to get her neutered she either was already pregnant or she became pregnant afterwards from a cat she never met. I never had a pet pregnant in the Sims but shouldn't the vet say that she was pregnant. I also had them given her a health check because of the vomiting and it only said that she was healthy. I think it's all very strange and i am not sure if it's a bug or it's just how the game works. Do you know?

Anyway, it seems my sim soon has a few kittens to look after. Hopefully after she given birth she will not get pregnant again. 

Thank you for the help, Crinrict. You are indeed a hero.

Message 3 of 14 (6,642 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

If a cat has Fluffy Trait they will throw up hairballs unless you brush them regularly.  Brushing usually last 3-4 days and when you see cat have the picture of a furmball with eyes in their thought they need brushed or they will turn your house into one giant hairball fest, that will start stinking in 24/48 hours like trash and drag down the neat score.

Message 4 of 14 (6,627 Views)

Hero

Hi @Zilverwolf2 

That's interesting.

You say she was a stray before. Do you happen to have a save from before you adopted the cat to see if she was already pregnant before you adopted her ? Just like Sims, I don't think they should get pregnant on their own but if you used a mod like MCCC which has storyprogression, it's possible that that's the cause.

Have you been using that mod ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 14 (6,616 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Sorry, the cat does not have the fluffy trait.
Message 6 of 14 (6,591 Views)

Hero

@Zilverwolf2  Did you also see my question above about MCCC ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (6,580 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @crinrict ,

No, i'm sorry. I don't have that save anymore. Because of past experiences i am in the habit of saving often during gameplay but because of my older computer not handeling Sims that well lately,  i always, only save the last 3 saves so it won't take up to much space. Now i wish i had kept that save but i did not notice it until after my sim took off the cone of shame. And that was my next playsession a day later.

I do have MCCC. I only have the Base module and the Tuner module. i do not have the other modules. Mostly for longer lifespans for human and pet sims and longer pregnancy for human sims, and the Tuner module to allow more BFF's. The rest of the settings i don't use. Could one off these settings have interfered with the pregnancy? I read through the documentation of the module but i can't see any of these settings having something to do with pet pregnancy. But when i googled, to see if anyone else was having this problem, i couldn't find this either. So i guess i am the only one having this problem.

It is not a huge problem. It is just that i don't understand how this could have happend or at least why i did not get any message about it. Not even when i went with her to the vet for a health check because of all the vomiting.And indeed they shouldn't get pregnant on their own without having been in contact with any other cat. It is really strange. And i might never now what happend there as long as no one else has this happening.

Message 8 of 14 (6,580 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
O, i forgot to mention that i adopted her via the computer. She did not wander around in the world. If that is important?
Message 9 of 14 (6,574 Views)

Hero

Hi @Zilverwolf2 

I'm moving this to tech as you found the cause.

If there's more folks saying that happens, I'll move it back but it needs to happen on a vanilla game as we can't be sure what caused this. I do not think your MCCC settings should be at fault but you never know.

Let me know if the cat doesn't have their kitten in the near future or if it happens again.

Also, could you please use the edit button (three dots in the upper right corner of the post - Edit post) in the future if you have something to add to your post and no one has answered. Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (6,550 Views)