Re: Pet forever sick: vet check--in glitched.

by fernanda_l

Original Post

★★★ Expert

@thecharsims I have read in other forums where players have also had pets that were not fully healed after visiting the Vet and had no further options to treat them. Just like @EmmCarter described in post #1 in this thread. If you think that is the same thing that is happening in your game, there is one fix that might work for you but it involves using a mod.

I can't post a link in this forum but if you'd like to learn more about this mod its name is "No Sick, Dirty, Sad and Hungry Cats & Dogs (NPCs)" by Little Miss Sam. This mod has an interaction called "Treat Pet" that should fully heal your pet.

Good luck, I hope this helps :D 

Message 11 of 15 (668 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@RandomBuzzinessI haven't taken my sim's pet to the vet at all. I was revisiting that family when their kitten was randomly sick. That's when I took it to the vet but I actually found out that this is a glitch on EA's part. It's another one of their many animation/posture glitches where a "situation" takes place on the incorrect sim or in this case, a kitten trying to do the same animation as an adult cat. Unfortunately, I didn't see your reply in time to see if the mod you spoke of would have worked, though I'm sure I've used it in the past.
I ended up replacing the kitten with a replica that I made from scratch in CAS. I was annoyed about it but ultimately, had no choice. Thank you though.

Message 12 of 15 (617 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@thecharsims I think I will have to accept living with a blue cat with a red nose ... it is really very frustrating and it makes you mad that they don't correct it!
Message 13 of 15 (567 Views)

★ Apprentice
@thecharsims Same issue. I had two dogs. Took one to the vet and upon return I adopted two more dogs. One got sick immediately and trying it take it to the vet and all options are greyed out saying there is no eligible pet. I made no changes. :/
Message 14 of 15 (370 Views)

★ Apprentice
@fernanda_l I just tried to modify dog in case and it got it working!
Message 15 of 15 (369 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help