Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Pet don't use pet bed when directed

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a household with small pet - cat or dog, it doesn't matter. Buy a "pet bed"(small/big, size doesn't matter). Click the bed and call your pet to teach using it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Pet will come near the pet bed, and show "?" plumbob. And the sim play "angry|disappointed" animation because the pet didn't "get it". So the pet don't use the bed - they tend to sleep on the floor or on the cat tree. I repeated to teach multiple times, all their response is always "?".
What do you expect to see? When the player teach them(assign them) to the pet bed, the pet should start using it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Filled out form 

Message 1 of 13 (19,305 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Pet don't learn how to use "pet bed"

Hero

• Pets will no longer sleep in random places when told to sleep on their Pet beds. In my world they can sleep where they are most comfortable, my conspiracy… allegedly.

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 13 of 13 (3,987 Views)

All Replies

Hero

HI @99publicidentity

is this happening with any pets ? Are you sure the bed is accessible ? Could you post a screenshot of the ? you get ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (19,278 Views)

★★ Guide

Now that's surprising. I tried on diffent houses& families so I think you can try it out. I don't have access to my PC atm

Message 3 of 13 (19,272 Views)

Hero

I've tried this many times and never had a ? or any issues with this

There's others that have reported the animal don't really uses the bed but the ? usually points towards something inaccessible

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (19,268 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

So I tried it again... some of them actually detect the bed, but others are still didn't get it.

one of household example is here - tried many times but still "?";

3d5b55d1-a9c5-4885-a15a-dbdb1a66529c.jpg

Message 5 of 13 (19,250 Views)

Hero

Did you click on the same bed both times ? Did you try removing one for testing purposes and moving the other around a bit ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (19,236 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide
Message 7 of 13 (19,230 Views)

Hero

Do you see any relation to traits or age of the pets ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (19,218 Views)

★★ Guide

I don't know; I disabled auto-age and all pets are Adult. All my pets(of all households) have at least loyal/affectionate trait, but I think it's not related to this issue.

Message 9 of 13 (19,214 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @99publicidentity

Does the pet have low relationship with the Sim owner, or low training?  If either of those is the case, the pet may not always obey the owner.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 13 (19,169 Views)