Re: Pet Adoption Service Not Working

by JB_KonaCat

Original Post

Pet Adoption Service Not Working

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

When I try to adopt a dog from services nothing happens. I took out my mods and it still wouldn't allow me to adopt a dog. I went to check another household and I was able to use the service by clicking on the pet I wanted but the adoption NPC never showed up for me to.adopt the selected pet. Please help, I don't mind making my own pet but I like the idea of adopting pets that need a home. I did just download Eco Lifestyle so not sure if that has anything to do with it as I am now living in that neighborhood. 

Message 1 of 7 (16,823 Views)

Adopt a pet not working

★ Novice

Hi!

I don't know if this is only happening to me, but I will explain my problem. Everytime I try to adopt a pet it doesn't work. I click on "hire a service" and then "adopt a dog/cat" and my sim doesn't do anything and the choose a pet thing doesn't show up. I have cc and mods on my game but I have already removed them all and it still doesn't work.

I hope someone can elp fix this, because pets are a really important thing in my game.

Message 2 of 7 (16,784 Views)

[ Edited ]

@JB_KonaCat and @biamota1604  Sorry for the late reply.  Could you try starting a new save, still without mods, and see whether the pet adoption works?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 7 (16,748 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict That actually did work, just sucks cause I'm trying to build a whole generation of the same family I started with. Thanks for the solution :

Message 4 of 7 (16,714 Views)

@JB_KonaCat  I didn't mean to suggest that you'd need to start an entirely new save.  The idea was to see whether the problem was contained to one save or was more widespread.

Even if you can't get the pet adoption service to work in your main save, you don't need to lose those sims entirely.  What you could do, as a compromise, is save the sim family to your in-game library and place them in a new save.  (Be sure to quit to desktop in between these steps.)  The sims won't know anyone in the new save, but at least their skills and careers will be intact.

If you do this, be sure to test the pet adoption service right away, even if you don't want the family to have a pet at the moment.  It would be annoying to keep playing for a while only to find out later that the service still doesn't work with this family.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 7 (16,697 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem with adopting a stray. My sim would just stand there for over an hour (sims time)until the action faded. I just reset her with the cheat: resetsim first name and last name. I had to click adopt twice before it did anything, but it worked.

Message 6 of 7 (14,124 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @LilChew25,

Glad you were able to get this working with a few extra steps.

If you run into other issues do feel free to create a new thread or post in one that's more recent, however I'll be locking this one to avoid continued necroposting as it's quite old, thanks!
Mako.png
Message 7 of 7 (14,090 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help