Permanently Deleted Saved Files

by kalewhales

Original Post

Permanently Deleted Saved Files

★★★ Newbie

NEED HELP DESPERATELY!!

I permanently deleted a save file from my Sims 3 game and I’m pretty sad and upset from it. I’ve spent hours on it and now it’s deleted and I’m not sure if there’s any way I can get it back. I checked the recycle bin, I went to the control panel (I have Windows) and the control panel can’t even help me, and I even tried downloading this software where it can “bring back deleted items” and that can’t even help either. I need this file terribly bad again because I actually had so much fun playing it since the very beginning and now I can’t play it anymore and I really don’t want to start over again. Please help, it’d be appreciated. Thank you.

Message 1 of 3 (314 Views)

Re: Permanently Deleted Saved Files

@kalewhales  You could check OneDrive, if you use it.  It's possible that OneDrive uploaded the contents of your Documents folder at some point, and that would include your save.

Otherwise, I'm sorry to say it, but your save is gone.  Even if the data recovery program could find the relevant files, it's unlikely that those files would be intact enough for the game to recognize and load the save.  In the future, you may want to make periodic backups of your saves and anything else you don't want to lose: you never know what might go wrong with your computer, and this way you wouldn't lose everything.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (295 Views)

Re: Permanently Deleted Saved Files

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Thank you but I couldn’t find it, so I’ll just be making a new game.
Message 3 of 3 (269 Views)