Re: Patch Caused Missing Items

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Patch Caused Missing Items

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134,1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL current game packs, expansions, and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open most recent game save.
What happens when the bug occurs? Once the loading screen is gone and the camera focuses in on the sim I noticed that ALL furniture, gardens, windows, and doors were gone minus 2 countertops. A few CC items were still there, and the floor tiles remained.
What do you expect to see? A fully finished/furnished home
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Issue began once the new patch and Eco life installed. I've disabled CC and the issue remains.

The bug seems to have left a few items, but everything else is gone. 

Message 1 of 10 (634 Views)

Hero
@JiminyGirl Is anything not-cc gone ?

If so, try repairing your game through Origin (don't save your game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (629 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict I exited without saving and ran a repair already. It continues to have the same problem. I've opened and exited without saving 4 times now and it keeps happening.
Message 3 of 10 (627 Views)

Hero
@JiminyGirl Just your cc or also game content ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (624 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict All windows, doors, lights, and furniture were standard non CC and disappeared. A few items that remained actually were CC
Message 5 of 10 (622 Views)

Hero
@JiminyGirl Do you find the ones that disappeared in buy/build or are they no longer showing there either ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (593 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrict  So I tried a few things. With CC enabled, almost all game content minus 1 or two items are gone BUT are available in Build Mode. If I disable CC, run a repair and reopen, ALL items return. So basically if CC is even enabled ALL game items AND almost all CC items are gone. The CC content that my sim is wearing remains and a few items in the yard. But almost ALL game content is gone. 

Message 7 of 10 (561 Views)

Hero
@JiminyGirl I'm moving this to tech for now as it sounds like a cc issue and not a game bug.

Someone else will assist you further as I'm calling it a night now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (554 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Ok, thank you.
Message 9 of 10 (542 Views)

@JiminyGirl  Please use the 50/50 method to sort through your custom content and see whether you can narrow this down to a specific item or two.  Scroll down to the 50% method:

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Be sure to test all your content at least once though—you might have more than one problematic item, and just because you found the first doesn't mean the rest is okay.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 10 of 10 (492 Views)