Patch 1.67.62

by Robert-Korican

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Patch 1.67.62

★★★★ Novice

Hello i have sims 3+ seasons+ showtime. When i launch  i see the version is 1.67.2.024037. However after reading another post about the super patcher it says if i see version 1.67.62 im good to go.

Problem is i downloaded the superpatcher for pc and all i get is " The setup has detected that no version of The Sims™ 3 is installed.

This update requires that a previous version of the application be installed." Why is this. I use Steam to download the game as origin is *, so why cant i update?

I assume 1.67.62 is newer than 1.67.2.024037.

I have tried running the patcher as an Admin but nothing happens. Any thoughts?

Note: I know steam has its own updating system but its not doing anything even when set for auto update

Message 1 of 7 (1,220 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Patch 1.67.62

Hero (Retired)

@Robert-Korican  Steam installs the game differently then the EA version and the patches from EA can't find the installation. I don't know how the Steam version handles the situation. Please refer to Steam customer service about this.

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (1,368 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

I have had this problem only today there is a new version. 

Message 2 of 7 (1,205 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yeah i cant seem to update it manually or Steam does not update it automatically so what can i do? EA help please Standard smile

Message 3 of 7 (1,191 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Sim-Luver-12  Is your game a Steam version?

Message 4 of 7 (1,183 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Robert-Korican  Steam installs the game differently then the EA version and the patches from EA can't find the installation. I don't know how the Steam version handles the situation. Please refer to Steam customer service about this.

Message 5 of 7 (1,369 Views)

★★★★ Novice

well to be honest when installed via origin its laggy buggy and just awful though sims 4 seems smooth...steam plays sims 3 much more smoother than origin...As for the patch yes i know steam does it differently but i thought the superpatcher would have helped but nothing. Thanks anyway

Message 6 of 7 (1,170 Views)

★ Novice

Are you saying I need to download the steam app to get it to work?

Message 7 of 7 (1,144 Views)