Re: Passing on TS3 to someone else

by Grevillia

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Passing on TS3 to someone else

★★★ Novice

Now that I'm playing The Sims 4 I've decided that I would like to "pay forward" my Sims 3 collection so that someone else is able to enjoy the game as much as I have. I'm in the process of uninstalling the game - a lengthy process as I have all EPs & most of the SPs as well!  I registered all of my games on TS3 website & wonder if that will prevent whoever I give my disks to from updating the game when they load it onto their computer.  I have all the paperwork that lists the keys for the game as well as each EP & SP.  I don't want to pass them onto someone & then find they can't play the game because it won't update.

Thanks in advance! :womanhappy:

Message 1 of 6 (213 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

The version that first came out does not have an Origin requirement and you should be able to install it offline so technically it should be able to pass them on.

You can also get the patches. If the automatic ones don't work, use the manual link: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-67/td-p/67858/

You won't be able to login though and Store Content will also not work since you can't download it from anywhere. Simport is also a feature you won't be able to use.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (193 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

Hello! I think the person you're passing TS3 game onto might need a new registration code on their computer for everything to work. The best thing to do is to contact the EA's help team. It's 'Contact Us' and is listed at the bottom right on every page at EA's site. They are super great to talk with and can help you and the person you're passing the game onto. The wait may be long at times, but worth the effort.

Click on Contact Us button (found at the bottom right  at EA's site)

Click on the orange NEXT button

Select a platform

Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words (this helps them select a game advisior to fit your needs.)

Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

At the end of the chat with the game advisior, you can click onto the 'e-mail' button shown in the chat box for a copy of the chat.

Hope this helps. Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 2 of 6 (205 Views)

Hero

EA won't give you new codes cause the don't support the selling of PC games.

For Disc Version:

It all depends a bit on your base game though. When did you buy it ? Before or after sept 2012 ? The version before does not need Origin and because of this you don't need to register the game so the next person can stll play it but not register (and hence not use any online features).

The EPs don't care for Origin either so you could sell them but the new user can't register them. They should be able to install if you have the DVD version. 

For Download Version:

Nothing you can do unless you want to give them your Origin account as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (201 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the responses so far - I appreciate your help!

The games I want to pass on are all on disk.  I did buy a couple of digital SPs but I'm not doing anything about them - I wasn't expecting to pass those on.  I bought my base game whenever it came out - so from what I understand, that doesn't need Origin?  When you talk about "not use any online features" does that me patches?  The game is pretty much unplayable without those (some would say it's unplayable WITH them too! :womanlolStandard smile

Message 4 of 6 (196 Views)

Hero

The version that first came out does not have an Origin requirement and you should be able to install it offline so technically it should be able to pass them on.

You can also get the patches. If the automatic ones don't work, use the manual link: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-67/td-p/67858/

You won't be able to login though and Store Content will also not work since you can't download it from anywhere. Simport is also a feature you won't be able to use.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (194 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks Crin,

It sounds like it'll be OK then.  I think I'll go ahead & pass it onto them & let them work it out.

Thanks for your help!

Message 6 of 6 (188 Views)