Paparazzi - How to deal?

by silverwood02

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Paparazzi - How to deal?

★ Guide

Ok, has anyone any ideas on how to stop paparazzi? They are outside my sims houses all the time. I try to move them but all they do is get cameras out. There seems no way to either fight them, or call the local police. My sims are only low celebrity status.

Keith

Message 1 of 14 (12,998 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Paparazzi - How to deal?

@silverwood02  A few helpful players put together a list of the sales offered on the Daily Deal rotation.  This thread describes their work and how to use the information provided:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/866448/daily-deal-dd-2018-rotation-list-and-sales-help

In particular, check out the DD spreadsheet linked in the second post.  Sorting by item/set, you can see that "Laganaphyllis Simnovorii (aka the Cow Plant)" is on sale three times during the rotation, the cheapest price being 186 points on DD 334.  That particular deal next comes up in the rotation (click on the Current Rotation tab) on April 22 at 10:25 am UTC and is available for 2 hours.  The cowplant is next offered for 300 points on DD 734, which starts on March 5 at 4:25 am UTC.

Keep in mind that if you buy the cowplant at any price, you'll then be able to get the entire Killer Classics set for free on DD 892 due to the way the Complete Your Set tool works.  (You get credit for the full cost of the items you own, not the price you paid.)  You'll also get credit towards the January 2012 compilation, although that's much more expensive.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 14 (12,948 Views)

All Replies

@silverwood02  Using moveobjects on to move a sim is always a bad idea, whether the sim is an NPC or not.  (Using testingcheats to delete a sim is even worse, and a surefire wahy to corrupt your game.)  If you want to vanish a particular sim right now, without outright deleting them, you can use resetsim.  The NPC will come back though, sooner or later.

I believe there is a celebrity gate that came with Late Night, although you do need to place it so that paparazzi have enough room to gather in front of it.  (A three or four square inset from the street should be enough.)  There are other ways of dealing as well—for example. some people like to place a cowplant and not feed it.

The only way to prevent paparazzi from spawning without turning off the celebrity system entirely is with a mod.  NRaas Register has a setting that allows you to specify the number of paparazzi in town.  I believe that setting it to zero might still allow one to spawn occasionally, but then the mod steps in and, um, cleans it up.

Message 2 of 14 (12,995 Views)

★ Guide

Ok thanks. I do not use any of the cheats, so by move I mean if there was an ingame way. I am not sure about the cowplant - is that a mod?

Message 3 of 14 (12,978 Views)

@silverwood02  I was being a bit silly when I mentioned the cowplant, at it likes to eat unsuspecting sims when it's hungry.  And it's a store product, not a mod:

https://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:45648&categoryId=13062&scategoryId=...

(It's expensive, but it goes on sale for something like 186 points every couple of months.  I could find out when, if you're really interested, since the Daily Deal rotation hasn't changed in years.)

Of course, if the paparazzi population is suddenly depleted for whatever reason, the game will spawn new sims to fill the role.  So if you're not interested in using mods, then the only way to not have paparazzi is to not have celebrities.  Otherwise, you can install a high fence and a celebrity gate and hope it keeps them at bay.

If one in particular is bothering you in the moment, you can use an in-game cheat to temporarily reset the sim off the map.  T(hat sim will likely come back soon though, so it's really only for getting the sim unstuck or back on the right side of your home lot's fence.)  Open the cheats console (crtl-shift-c) and enter "resetsim firstname lastname" without quotes, and the sim will be sent home, so to speak, but as paparazzi are homeless by definition, they just disappear and respawn when they're needed.

Message 4 of 14 (12,965 Views)

★ Guide

Ok that sounds good. If you can let me know when you think it will be on sale, that would be even better!

Message 5 of 14 (12,953 Views)

@silverwood02  A few helpful players put together a list of the sales offered on the Daily Deal rotation.  This thread describes their work and how to use the information provided:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/866448/daily-deal-dd-2018-rotation-list-and-sales-help

In particular, check out the DD spreadsheet linked in the second post.  Sorting by item/set, you can see that "Laganaphyllis Simnovorii (aka the Cow Plant)" is on sale three times during the rotation, the cheapest price being 186 points on DD 334.  That particular deal next comes up in the rotation (click on the Current Rotation tab) on April 22 at 10:25 am UTC and is available for 2 hours.  The cowplant is next offered for 300 points on DD 734, which starts on March 5 at 4:25 am UTC.

Keep in mind that if you buy the cowplant at any price, you'll then be able to get the entire Killer Classics set for free on DD 892 due to the way the Complete Your Set tool works.  (You get credit for the full cost of the items you own, not the price you paid.)  You'll also get credit towards the January 2012 compilation, although that's much more expensive.

Message 6 of 14 (12,949 Views)

★ Guide

Cheers thanks.

I have added XP - for some reason is showed minus! SO I have retried...hope it works ok.

Message 7 of 14 (12,918 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well, it doesn’t stop them exactly but......    I’ll build my gate a bit indented into my lot, then use cheats to build some world adventures traps.  (All of them).  They then get boiled(steam), fried(fire), and electrocuted and go home.    With a Supernatural sim, start fires around them and they leave or freeze them.   There’s the toadification spell as well.  Makes them slightly less annoying.  

Message 8 of 14 (10,212 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Ranxaeroth Hi, If your lot is big enough why not put a gate house at the front. I do. Check out my build on the exchange 'Yoloti' That has one and some others too.
Message 9 of 14 (10,091 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If I want to change the number of paparazzi with this mod, where is the option to change the number of paparazzi in the game? Like is there a menu or something?

Message 10 of 14 (7,793 Views)